J.S. Cock was founded by Jens Sigvald Cock in 1897. At that time, the company sold valves and related equipment along with producing its own lubricating oil. In 2014, 117 years after J.S. Cock was established, the company has 34 employees that are dispersed through out the main office in Oslo and branch offices in Arendal, Bergen and Stavanger. Up until the late 1950’s, the company’s main products and focus were different types of valves for ships and industry; piston rings for ship engines; filter systems for transformer oil and professional diving equipment.