Kittiwake - Parker Hannifin Corp
Parker Kittiwake is a leading manufacturer of on-site condition monitoring sensors, test kits and equipment for fuel, lubricating oil and wear debris analysis. From simple on-site test kits, through to lab equipment and on-line sensor technology we operate a worldwide a network of agents and distributors, Parker Kittiwake provides a complete range of test kits and analysis equipment for marine, industrial and offshore applications.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Condition Monitoring and Predictive or Proactive Maintenance systems and instrumentation providing the earliest indication of failure for capital plant and equipment. Kittiwake have grown from a small UK based supplier to a leading player in the CM equipment space. Further details are provided in this section with headlines of:
- 3 manufacturing sites (Kittiwake Developments, Kittiwake Holroyd and Kittiwake Procal)
- Dedicated technical support offices serving a worldwide customer base
- 19 years of sustained and profitable growth underpinned by a high level of R&D investment (circa 7-10% T/O) to maintain and build our market position.
- On-Line, On-Site and Off-Site monitoring solutions for In-service lubricants, greases, bunker fuels, exhaust emissions, wear metals, vibration and structural analysis, gas and valve leakage.
- Sampling systems and worldwide logistics for large UOA and other fiscally secure sampling systems.
- Kittiwake operates a fully audited QA system under ISO9001:2008 ensuring consistency in development and manufacturing.
- We are also aligned with the requirements of Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) EU Directives in all areas of manufacturing. For further information contact Kittiwake for our RoHS & WEEE policy statements.
- Our staff are also fully trained in handling hazardous materials (HAZA) under IATA, ADR and IMDG codes.
The financial year 2010/11 was one of continued growth and re-focus on key competencies. Group turnover grew 30% to $23M (US), inclusive of 9% through organic growth with the remainder through aquisition (N.B. Kittiwake Procal acquired in final week of 2009/10 FY).
Headlines for the year include:
- High level of R&D investment is now yielding a growing range of on-line CM instruments including launch of our integrated SCAN systems with first sales of ThrusterSCAN to Offshore Oil & Gas.
- Our capability for IR spectroscopy has been expanded with launch of WaterSCAN and FTIR3 for used or in-service oil analysis on and off-line.
- Further major product launches are scheduled for Holroyd (Q1 2012) and Procal (Q2 2012) with details to follow.
- We continue to invest heavily in our US operations boldstering both commercial and technical resources to support major opportunities in the Oil & Gas sectors that are now progressing beyond commercial trials. We have also invested in an office in India (New Dehli).
- The Procal CEMS business has been restructured and is now on a growth path having seen a 25% increase in sales over the year and a return to profitability. Integration of Holroyd was completed in Q4 2011.
The market has been tough over the last few years with many Cap.Ex investments either delayed or cancelled. However, good market opportunities remain for those companies sufficiently inventive or nimble to respond. Over 50% of our products are OEM branded, leading to very close customer relationships. The timely market visibility this provides has allowed us to refocus our business over the last 2 years, underpinning this years solid performance. Krystallon (a BP and Kittiwake joint venture) has been divested to Hamworthy Plc. (now part of Wärtsilä Corporation) and continues to prosper under their ownership. Our industrial water business in the UK and France has been divested to The Tintometer Ltd. We acquired Procal Ltd expanding our capabilities in the UV and IR gas analysis and Holroyd Instruments, with core competencies in Vibration and Acoustic Emissions analysis. The Kittiwake Group of companies has been refocussed on CM techniques for early stage fault detection where we have market leading skills.