Since 1973, Koester has provided innovative products and industry leading process solutions for the water and wastewater treatment industries. Our business is rooted on thorough and dedicated customer service, with expert professionals guiding clients through the entire lifecycle of a project - from design and engineering, to installation, start-up, and ongoing field support.
Since 1973 the KOESTER brand remains a symbol of excellence that represents quality equipment, accurate technical support, as well as qualified service to the engineers, owners, and contractors we serve in the regions of New York, New jersey, and Ontario, Canada.
As a result we establish strong interdependent relationships. We are customer-driven and strive to put their needs ahead of our own. Over the last 3 decades we have learned; “When our customers are satisfied, our bottom line will take care of itself.” This corporate mantra is reflected in everything that we do.
At Koester Environmental we are a team. We maintain respect for each other, and above all we strive to have fun. As a team we all benefit from the success that comes from a commitment to working towards our common purpose. We have no internal corporate levels, here everyone is equal.
Koester Associates, Inc. was founded in 1973 as a regional office of the CR Swaney Company. In 1976, the company became an independent manufacturer's representative in Upstate New York. In 2010 Koester expanded operation, and maintenance service into Ontario which led to our corporate expansion into Ottawa, Ontario in 2011 as Koester Environmental, Ltd.
Today, the Koester Organization represents over 15 leading manufacturers of water and wastewater treatment, pumping, and control equipment. These companies support Koester in the promotion of products and services. KOESTER is responsible for sales and marketing functions for the manufacturers in Ontario, Canada, New York, and New Jersey, USA.
Our general service offer consist of engineering support, equipment sales, services contracts, treatment plant contract operations, field and shop repair, maintenance contracts, and facility operator training. As the industry grows, we pride ourselves in our ability to expand our services quickly to meet the needs of our clientele.
Our sales and service staff regularly attend industry trade shows, seminars, and manufacturers' training programs. We are active members of the Water Environment Federation (WEF), the American Water Works Association (AWWA), Rural Water Association, and the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE). Our activity in these groups keeps us focused on our customers' needs and abreast of developments in the industry.
Our uniquely qualified team is committed to being the leader in water and wastewater services for Upstate New York.
The Advantage of working with Koester...
Since 1974, Koester has provided innovative products and process lines for the water and wastewater treatment industries. The foundation of our business is our dedication and commitment to customer service, with expert professionals guiding our clients through the entire lifecycle of a project – from design and engineering, to technology selection, installation, start-up, maintenance, operations, and on-going field service support long after the initial sale.
Today, we’ve seen many suppliers and manufacturers come and go. Although environmental standards may change, and new technologies and suppliers may emerge one thing that has not changed at Koester since 1974;
“While many come and go striving to make profit, since 1974 we remain-driven to make a difference!”
Below are a few more advantages of working with our professional organization:
- Expert engineers on staff
- Integrated industry involvement
- In-house customer care
- Knowledgeable sales force
- Support before, during and after the sale
- Fast response by field service technicians
- Factory certified technicians
We are a Total Quality Management (TQM) company, which encompasses the following principles: “Focus on the customer, Improve continuously, and involve everyone”
We are a recognized leader for excellence in sales, service, and in quality which comes from empowering people, caring for customers, promoting partnerships, and creating a principle-centered culture.
Focus on the customer!
Caring passionately for customers is our #1 priority.
Measure product and service quality results! Make the process reliable, prevent the missed expectation, and recover with service excellence.
Build a principle-centered culture!
Our core business values are Integrity, Respectful Cooperation, Continuous Improvement, Work/Life Balance and Passion.
Do it with teamwork!
Inspiring vision, unifying values, clear goals, mutual benefit, and personal commitment are the forces that enable common people to attain uncommon results.
Koester Environmental is an industry leader in planning and delivering water treatment technologies and wastewater treatment solutions. We evaluate, design, install and maintain water and wastewater treatment projects that dramatically improve treatment performance at client facilities, reduce life-cycle costs, and improve water infrastructure and technology performance. We actively assist clients in managing their water footprint to limit the environmental impact of operations.
We exist to lead the industry in service excellence through the design, implementation and maintenance of the most viable water technologies and wastewater treatment solutions that benefit our communities, realize financial savings for our customers while protecting and improving our environment.
Koester Core Values
- Integrity – Committing to do the right thing as a trusted partner and strategic contributor to a better environmental future through a culture of mutual respect.
- Safety – Pledging to provide our employees with a safe work environment as a top priority.
- Commitment – Fulfilling an unwavering commitment to excellence to our employees, clients, partners and communities.
- Stewardship– Improving the future of our planet and our company through our responsible actions every day.
- Courage – Facing each challenge head on. We will not be afraid.
- Authenticity – Grounding our interactions in transparency and continually managing expectations through active dialogue.
- Sustainability – Engaging in fiscally and environmentally responsible decisions that ensure the long-term success of Koester Environmental.
- Trustworthiness - We strive for 'high precision' truthfulness (That is, we are always honest even about unimportant things.) It takes a life time to build trust, real trust and it takes one dishonest action or untruthful statement to wipe it away.
- Listening - In order to find out how we can truly help and support our clients as well as co-workers, we need to emphatically understand them before trying to be understood. This is only accomplished though listening.
- Persistence - We always persist in a professional manner toward the pursuit of our customer's satisfaction. When our customers know they can count on us, they will count on us.
- Fairness - Fairness and kindness towards all, are intricate parts of our company's culture. With these qualities we will always flourish. All people are important and valuable and deserve to be treated respectfully.
- Accuracy - Our responses both written and verbal must be accurate. This accuracy will build trust and interdependence with our clients. When they have faith in our ability, our relationships will strengthen. With strong relationships our success is guaranteed.
- Efficiency - It is important that we strive for high efficiency in all areas. This allows us to be more productive and timely in support of our clients and to maintain a profitable structure. The business environment is ever increasingly competitive and with efficiency we set ourselves apart.
- Innovation - Change is here, change is now, and change is good. What works today, will not work tomorrow. Forward thinking and innovation are important to keep up with today and stay ahead of tomorrow. There are no bad ideas.
- Positive Thinking - We look for and find the positive sides of all situations.
- Profitability - In order to support our customers, clients, and ourselves, we must be profitable. Profitability is the fruit of our labour and will be shared between everyone at Koester Environmental.
Biological treatment is designed to substantially degrade the biological content of a waste stream. Koester offers a unique line of biological processes that conserve space and energy, while dramatically reducing your total cost of operations. From large-scale biological reactor systems to mobile, modular jet aeration solutions, Koester can provide the secondary treatment solution to fit your project needs.
Clarifiers are a highly efficient in removing heavy metals, ink and other heavy contaminants from wastewater. Flocculation refers to the process by which fine particulates are caused to clump together into floc. The floc may then float to the top of the liquid, settle to the bottom of the liquid, or can be readily filtered from the liquid. Flocculation is widely used and applicable in sewage treatment systems, storm water treatment and treatment of other industrial wastewater streams as well as purification of drinking water.
We offer several clarification technologies from a number of manufactures. Feel free to browse our library of clarifier systems here or call to speak with one of our Professional Engineers about your specific treatment requirements.
Oil Water Separators
Oil water separators are used to separate oils and solids from a variety of wastewater discharges. Our separators can efficiently aid in the removal of gasoline, diesel fuel, crude, vegetable, process and almost any type of oil that is heavier than water. Properly designed, installed, and operated, oil water separators provide a treatment system for handling oily wastewater that may impact your total cost of operations due to provincial compliance and MOE standards.