KRAHNEN, the market leader in cleaning technology in hazardous areas! KRAHNEN with industrial vacuum, because we offer a wide range of different industrial vacuum cleaners, which are available as air suction or electrically operated versions. Thus, our comprehensive program an optimal solution for different applications. Since 1970, customers in the chemical, pharmaceutical, food, petrochemical and explosive industry KRAHNEN products at one of the maintenance and quality assurance. They appreciate the benefits of the integrated solution from one source and benefit from very high quality, constant reliability and comprehensive service.
Our product range includes in particular cleaning systems such as various industrial vacuums, commercial vacuum cleaners, air cleaner, vacuum cleaner pharmaceuticals, central suction, safety vacuum, floor cleaning machines, scrubber dryers, air blowers and Venturi nozzles for use in hazardous areas and areas as well as test equipment for solids and Siebrückstandsgewinnung.Here you will find industrial vacuum cleaners for various applications such as Acid cleaner, clean room vacuum cleaners, special vacuum cleaners, chip extractor, gas-and dust-Ex-Ex-industrial vacuum cleaners.
With decades of experience and knowledge acquired during this time we can offer you the best industrial vacuum cleaners and other top products and technologies from the cleaning, laboratory, automotive and chemical industries, which guarantee a higher efficiency. Convince yourself of our services!
Your satisfaction is our primary goal. Therefore we only employ qualified engineers, technicians and sales staff to ensure a trusting relationship with you, our customers, and place great emphasis on long-term partnerships. As a cooperative and flexible company, we offer a comprehensive range of services that includes both the consulting, planning, training, services and the commissioning and subsequent maintenance of our industrial vacuum cleaners and all other products included. The dialogue with our customers is very important, just so we can continue to grow and we also provide new challenges successfully.
So if you have any questions about our services and products, special requests or requirements for an industrial vacuum cleaner or would like further information on a specific industrial vacuum cleaner, please let us know via the contact form just yet, we look forward to hearing from you!
Krahnen-Products apply for maintenance and quality control in the Petrochemical-, Chemical-, Pharmaceutical- and Food Industry as well as in explosion protected areas. Our clients appreciate the advantage of integrated overall solutions out of one source and gain from excellent quality and complete service packages. Our scope includes in particular cleaning systems for explosion endangered rooms. Another segment of our scope is equipment for the examination of extract of solid- and screen residue.
KRAHNEN – A company with history was grounded 1927 by Emil Krahnen. In the beginning it was an office for design of technical products and labels.
Beside creating desings for worldwide operating industries Krahnen is closely connected with the brand INBUS screw. The trade name and the succesfull advertising campaign was made by Emil Krahnen.
Competence and Trust
to be mutually dependent. As supplier of tailor made high valuable solutions we provide technologies for the cleaning-, automotive-, chemical and laboratory industries in close contact to our clients. This will keep our possibilities to continue our successful way and to face the forth coming challenges. Our know how give us the opportunity to offer you the 'best in class' technical and most economical solution.
Quality and Security
is not the only thing we produce. For the safety of human, environment and production plants we manufacture our products strictly according to rules and regulations. Each employee of the company is aware of his personal responsibility.
is our major target. Therefore our staff of high qualified engineers, technicians and sales engineers available at all time to follow the requirements of our clients and create the base for a long and trustful relationship. For each project designed for a specific application we show the most flexible and economical solution in close cooperation with our client.
Satisfactory of a high integrated product program, as well as an embracing service portfolio is the base of our success. High educated staff is available from the first planning during the whole lifetime cycle of the product. Know how, competence and flexibility provided with overall services is our strength.
The explosion endangered Area
- In the European Union, explosion protection is an important part of the health and safety regulations. It is laid down by the commission and has the same guide line in all countries.
- In the year 2003 the guideline 94/9/EG known as ATEX 100a come into force and controls the placement of equipment, components and protection systems for special applications as e.g. flammable gases, vapours and dusts into the market.
- Due to the new law the difference between requirements of the condition and requirements for the operation must be made very clear.
- While the requirements of the conditions should ensure the freedom of the European domestic market, which is controlled by the guide line 94/9/EG, the requirements for the operation (guide line ATEX 118a) are controlled by the national rules and regulations (EtexV (new) and Vbf (new)).
- Look attachment 'explosion protection directive ATEX 100a and ATEX 118a' by Mr. Helmut Krämer PTB/Braunschweig.
Requirements of the Condition
- For the description of the different requirements the guide line ATEX 100a diversifies the equipment in different groups. Group I regulates the application of underground exploration, as Group II regulates none exploration areas. To classify the different application of the equipment, it is necessary to diversify the Groups once more.
- Therefore Group I separates between Category M1 (Equipment, which are operating in explosion endangered atmosphere) and Category M2 (Equipment which turn off before reaching the first explosion limit).
- The equipment which relates to Group II is separated between Category 1,2and 3. While Category 1 describes equipment which is used in potential explosive atmosphere which is existing permanent, on long term or frequent, Category 2 is related to potential explosive atmosphere from time to time. In Category 3 equipment is mentioned which is used in potential explosive atmosphere which happens only on short time respective seldom.
- The criteria's for the different areas in which the equipments used are in accordance to the definition of zones of the explosion endangered areas after the rules and regulations of ATEX 118a or DIN EN 1127-1.
- Accordingly Category 1 is related for the use in Zone 0 or 20, Category 2 for the use in Zone 1 or 21 and Category 3 for the use in Zone 2 or 22.
- The conformity of the guide line of the equipment has to be notified from the supplier/producer in close corporation with the mentioned notified bodies.
Requirements for the operation
- Each explosion hazardous area has to be proven and classified by a certified auditor/notified body under the rules and regulations of ATEX 118a. The work of the authorized expert applies to BLMSchG § 29a clause 1, Elektro-Berg VO and the fire protection.
- An identification of technical explosion figures for flammable goods should be made independently
- The prepared safety analysis includes vulnerability- and risk analysis as well as the fire protection for technical construction.
- In so called open areas (e.g. working areas for personal staff) action has to be taken for the prevention of risk of predictable troubles and the state of the operation has to be defined.
- As a special example is here to be mentioned the soil condition which has to be demonstrated a special quality in normal operation conditions depending on the classification of the operation.
- After DIN EN 61340-4-1 the definition of the earth resistance for the prevention of electrostatic discharge plants, equipment or human applies.
- At any time no impact should affect the soil condition in normal operation conditions or suspend it.
- The operator has the responsibility for the maintenance and functional capability which defines the internal work flow. Even little contamination could isolate the resistance of the soil. This interruption of the contact is the most reason for failures in normal operation conditions.
- The floor suppliers are mentioning explicit in their maintenance instruction to keep the floor clean and to exclude themselves of any kind of liability (e.g. '....the clean floor is only allowed to be entered by clean shoes....').
- It is strongly recommended after a careful risk analysis to proceed with a constant cleaning procedure to ensure the security standard.