Kuenz was founded in 1932 by Hans Kuenz who succeeded in creating a significant and successful mechanical engineering company in a very short period of time. The company started out manufacturing tower construction cranes, the focus later shifted towards manufacturing container cranes, followed by hydro power equipment. Kuenz is one of the oldest and most prestigious mechanical engineering companies in the western region of Austria. The foundation of the Kuenz business philosophy is a continuous face-to-face dialogue with our customers. Innovation and competence combined with continuous improvement are the basis of our long-term success. We believe that thoroughly understanding the specific requirements and needs of our customers allows us to provide the right products and services.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Hydro Power
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
Kuenz Core Competence
Kuenz offers first class products and services to its demanding customers. The Kuenz customer base spans includes a wide variety of industries and sectors.
- All from one source
Our strength is to controlling the entire process from design, production, installation and commissioning, to after-sales support – all from one source – Kuenz.
- High number of qualified engineers
We support our customers worldwide by using the following best-practice standards: innovation and competence, certified quality, utmost reliability and the excellent knowledge of our engineers, who account for more than 25% of the entire workforce.
Our customer-oriented principles are not a question of marketing. It is a question of attitude. Co-operative partnership is a daily practice at Kuenz. Our employees create value for our customers and for our company.
- We sell our products worldwide and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. Our customers are partners.
- Our staff are thoroughly trained, motivated team players.
- We sell exceptional quality at a fair price.
- We are a progressive company with our own manufacturing sites.
- We achieve our returns through innovation, new products and solid growth.
- We take care about our environment.
Vision is needed to make a difference during one’ s lifetime. In order to put vision into action, creativity and flexibility are required. At Kuenz we have set high goals for ourselves and we are committed to achieving these.
- In the future we will continue to dedicate ourselves by maintaining a leading position in the market with our container cranes, custom cranes and hydropower installations.
- Continuous face-to-face dialogue with our customers is the foundation of our business philosophy.
- We continuously improve our products and services together with our customers. Flexibility and immediate response to constantly changing market demands allow us to provide appropriate concepts and are our core strengths.
- Customer orientation and customer satisfaction are our guideline.
- The stable, private Kuenz ownership structure is the foundation for stability and long-term success.
Most important Facts about Kuenz:
- founded: 1932
- 100 % private ownership
- Products: Container Cranes, Tankhouse Cranes, Custom Cranes, Hydro Power Equipment, Trash Rack Cleaning
- 400 staff
- 4 locations worldwide
- In-house Engineering and Manufacturing
- Market leader intermodal Container Cranes in Europe and North America
- Leading Supplier of automated Tankhouse Cranes worldwide
- Specialist for equipment of hydropower plants and Trash Rack Cleaning machines
- ISO 9001-2008 certified