Kuraray Co., Ltd.
Kuraray was founded in 1926 for the purpose of commercializing synthetic rayon, which was cutting edge technology at the time. In 1950 during the post-World War II period, as Japan`s first domestic producer of synthetic fiber based on original Japanese technologies, Kuraray became a world leader in the commercialization of PVA (poval) fiber under the KURALON brand, ushering in Japan`s pioneering era in the chemical synthetic fiber industry.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We in the Kuraray Group are committed to opening new fields of business using pioneering technology and contributing to an improved natural environment and quality of life
For the Kuraray Group, corporate social responsibility means activities to fulfill our corporate mission, which is to discharge our responsibility to society, by ensuring that in the conduct of business all employees ground their attitudes and behaviors in the Corporate Philosophy and Guidelines for Action.
- Respect for individuals
- Cooperation in shared goals
- Creation of values
Guidelines for Action
- Act on customers' needs
- Act on ideas in the working place
- Act on your own initiative
- We in the Kuraray Group are committed to opening new fields of business using pioneering technology and contributing to an improved natural environment and quality of life.
- Principles for Business Conduct
- We will develop and provide products and services, giving full consideration to safety.
- We will conduct businesses in a free, fair and transparent manner.
- We will maintain good communications and build a sound relationship with society.
- We will strive to preserve and improve the global environment and to secure safety and health.
- We will respect intellectual properties including trade secrets and control information properly.
Kuraray was established in 1926 in Kurashiki City with the objective of commercializing rayon. Following WWII, the Company commercialized the synthetic fiber KURALON, which was invented in Japan, and developed a series of unique businesses, including the man-made leather CLARINO, developed as a substitute for natural leather, polyester textiles, non-woven fabrics KURAFLEX, and MAGIC TAPE hook-and-loop fastener material.
In the chemicals and functional materials fields, the Company's products include poval resin, with its water soluble and adhesive properties, the efficient gas barrier material EVAL, the world's only synthetic isoprene chemical products, methacrylic resin, which has special optical properties, and medical products such as dental materials. The Company is also working to pioneer new business domains and expand its operations.