LG NanoH2O designs, develops, manufactures and markets reverse osmosis (RO) membranes that lower the cost of desalination. Based on breakthrough nanostructured materials and industry-proven polymer technology, LG NanoH2O’s RO membranes dramatically improve desalination energy efficiency and productivity. LG NanoH2O seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) membranes, Standard 61 certified by NSF International for the production of drinking water, deliver the highest flux and the highest salt rejection of any SWRO membrane on the market. These membranes are available in standard 8-inch (20 cm) diameter elements that fit easily into new and existing desalination plants, purifying water from a broad range of sources with improved productivity and water quality. LG NanoH2O is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and is a wholly owned company of LG Chem, Ltd.
- Licensed original technology from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Intellectual property includes 43 patents and patent applications
- Headquarters, manufacturing and R&D facility located in El Segundo, California, USA
- QuantumFlux membranes are installed in over 400 plants across 40 countries, producing more than 300,000 m3 of water per day
- In April 2014, LG Chem acquired NanoH2O