Lusalgae is a new marine biotechnology company established in Figueira da Foz that uses marine elements in an eco-sustainable way. Founded in 2016 by two young entrepreneurs with MSc in biology and in love with phycology, Lusalgae takes advantage of the unique ecosystem of the river Mondego in order to produce high quality seaweed extracts. At this moment Lusalgae created and developed the brand Sealgae.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Lusalgae is a biotechnology company that uses and operates with seaweed and other marine organisms of the Portuguese Atlantic coast having the multiple industry fields (cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food, etc.) as targets. Originated from extensive scientific research work, and with the collaboration of a range of partners which includes the University of Coimbra and the MARE (UC) centre, the activities of this company focus on producing innovative technology and products in an eco-sustainable way.
- Develop sustainable algal biotechnology in an environment of innovation and bioremediation.
- Being recognised as a pioneer organization in the Portuguese biotechnology sector.
- Exploration and processing of marine organism with special focus on seaweed.
- Guided by ethic and transparency, we want to develop innovative and eco-sustainable processes focused on the recovery of the environment.
Processing and biorefining of seaweed and other marine organism;
IMTA – seaweed farming in shore allowing eco-sustainable growth of fish and other marine organisms in order to obtain seaweed biomass;
VALE INCUBAÇÃO - Inovar em Biotecnologia Marinha. +Info