M.E.L. Health and Safety Consultants Ltd
M.E.L. (Health & Safety) Consultants provide a wide range of health and safety services to a diverse range of clientele. We can offer your Company the support and assistance it needs to comply with the law, reduce workplace accidents and function more profitably through sensible safety management.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Established in May 1999, M.E.L. Health and Safety Consultants Limited is a respected independent company who provide a consultancy service to all areas of industry. The ultimate aim of our Director’s has always been to unite a number of experienced Safety Consultants in order to combine the knowledge and dexterity of a small group of specialists.
Based in Rainham, Essex, within easy reach of London and the M25, the team at M.E.L. now provide over 600 Clients with the advice, assistance and expertise that they require in order to improve their Health and Safety performance, thus minimising staff accidents in the workplace.
This winning formula combined with our team’s overt dedication to Health and Safety has resulted in our expansive portfolio containing an increasing number of prestigious projects, including the new Wembley National Stadium and the Ascot Racecourse.
Although still a comparatively young company, our experienced team has demonstrated a commitment to accident prevention that utilises all of their previous occupational experience and industrially accredited qualifications. Our insistence on directly employed consultants and our membership to numerous professional organisations demonstrates a further guarantee of the pre-eminent service that we offer.
The Company is split into two divisions, the first of which provides a full consultancy service to a diverse range of companies; from businesses who operate under a sole Proprietor to Corporations with multiple facilities. Our second specialist service involves the provision of high-quality, educational training courses in a wide number of specific occupational skills and procedures. We pride ourselves on successfully achieving the transmission of information, be it with employees at the core of the operations, or with the Supervisors, Directors, or Chairman.
We attribute our growing success – and our very high level of Client retention – to the following key factors:
- We recognise and understand the needs and objectives of each individual Client.
- We ensure that clients have a familiar face to deal with and direct access to the Directors whenever required.
- We provide practical and effective help based on occupational experience and knowledge.
- We charge realistic rates which do not exclude small businesses
At M.E.L. (Health & Safety) Consultants Limited we pride ourselves in offering a full range of Health and Safety services to a broad base of Clients, with particular expertise in the construction industry.
Assorted organisations employ the services of M.E.L. and there are various reasons for doing so, the most common being:
1. An organisation may be too small to employ a competent employee to deal with general Health and Safety matters and external guidance and assistance is required;
2. Knowledge may be deficient in a specific area, therefore we act as specialists e.g. a pharmaceutical company may require Health and Safety advice as construction work is being undertaken on their premises and their ‘in house’ team are familiar only with pharmaceutical related Safety and Health; or
3. An organisation is large, has its own safety department but requires an external consultant in order for an independent opinion to be obtained e.g. for auditing purposes, or purely as support for a busy department.
Despite The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the introduction of a multitude of British and European Safety legislation, accidents are still occurring far too regularly in workplaces throughout the country. Some companies still believe that Health and Safety is a non-productive element, and as a result, will allocate monies sparingly. However, in a competitive market place it is those companies that recognise the true underlying costs of accidents (e.g. bad publicity, down time, civil and criminal litigation etc.) that develop, expand, and attract new contracts and clients. A company with a good moral standing will always attract the most conscientious and productive employees.
Our professional and friendly staff at M.E.L. can provide a valuable extension to your own management team, safe-guarding your interests and providing quality solutions to the problems faced when attempting to develop safe systems of work. We have a reputation for promptly producing effective results at a realistic cost, helping to pass on a wealth of experience to our clients.
Companies that are aiming for continuous improvement in safety management acquire and retain the services of M.E.L.