MAR, Incorporated is a privately held professional services firm with over 40 years experience providing superior technical and management services to government agencies and commercial customers. We specialize in four inter-related core competency areas of Information Technology Services and Cyber Security, Intelligence and Special Programs, Systems Engineering and Integration, and specialized Facilities Management and Marine Operations.
Our company has a rich history of successful contract work, and we strive to have our customers over-satisfied with our work performance. We have been fortunate to have numerous repeat customers over the years.
MAR is a fun and welcoming work environment where employees are enthusiastic and supportive of one another. Our staff is exceedingly talented and qualified, and work closely with one another and with our customers to deliver the best possible solutions.
In a nutshell, MAR has the ability to provide very specific technical work and also deliver full end to end operations and solutions. We accomplish this through a well established administrative platform, and a strong technical workforce, most of whom hold a specialized security clearance. We have a strong backlog of work, mostly prime contracts, valuable subcontract and teaming relationships, and we manage our contracts at a reasonable price while delivering a lot of value.
We are a diversified, well rounded firm with many years of past performance on over 600 contracts and 1500 delivery orders. We update our Corporate and Business Unit Plans and Budgets on a regular basis with a view toward adapting to an ever-changing government services marketplace.
Top Reasons to do Business with MAR
- MAR is a growing company in solid financial standing, and is very easy to do business with.
- MAR has Government accepted administrative and accounting systems: (1) Purchasing, (2) Deltek Accounting, (3) Property Administration, and (4) Earned Value Management.
- MAR has diverse yet inter-related core competency areas.
- MAR provides comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation.
- MAR offers an exciting and fun working atmosphere which cultivates family-like relationships.
- MAR has the agility of a small to mid size company, but with the resources and capabilities of a large company.
- MAR employs a highly qualified and experienced Management staff, including many key Corporate and Management personnel with long-standing tenure.
- MAR maintains strategic partnerships with small and disadvantaged businesses as well as large firms, and pursues long-term, mutually beneficial business relationships with each of these companies.
- MAR has a flat management structure that streamlines communication and decision-making for our customers and employees
MAR (Spanish for 'sea, ocean') was incorporated in late 1971 and began operations in early 1972 in Rockville, Maryland by providing marine related engineering services for the Office of Naval Research (ONR) and the David Taylor Model Basin, now NSWC - Carderock, through sole source and then competitive procurements.
As the world and the needs of our Government changed over the years so did our approach to business. We continued our support in the undersea acoustic and ocean engineering communities, moved into research ship and at-sea operations and also secured contracts in the area of specialized Government facilities management and operation. We also expanded into supporting our country's efforts with Counter Terrorism and Environmental research initiatives, and continued to diversify our work in Systems Engineering and Integration across a broad range of applications.
Today, we also have a strong and diverse role supporting Information Technology and Information Assurance requirements within the Civilian and DOD communities. This work includes high priority National Security and Homeland Defense efforts in the areas of Intelligence and Special Programs. We have successfully merged our proven past performance and legacy work with new corporate capabilities to provide complex and integrated solutions for our Government. With approximately 70 percent of our staff holding special clearances and the ability to attract and retain talented personnel, we are poised to accommodate our customer's needs now and into the future.