Materials Testing & Inspection has firmly established itself as a leader in construction materials testing and inspection, geotechnical engineering, and environmental services. By combining our technical know-how with an understanding of industry trends, we are able to offer our clients the most efficient and effective solutions.
Our clients; from the private, public, and government sectors; value our highly qualified specialists, our attention to quality management and cost control, and our overall responsiveness. By approaching each project as a partnership, our firm has thrived. By sharing client concerns, maintaining open and ongoing communications, and striving for solutions that contribute to successful project completion, we have cultivated many long-term relationships and repeat clients over the years.
Assuring the Strength, Safety, and Security of Our Community.
Our Core Values
Do what's right; legally, ethically, and morally.
Demonstrate excellence with precision, accuracy, and reliability.
That which is vital for our company's survival and growth; allowing for reinvestment in our collective future.
Maintaining the highest achievable level of technical and tactical competence, skill, and knowledge.
All of MTI working together with a combined action toward common goals.
As a dynamic and growing firm, Materials Testing & Inspection prides itself on the quality of its staff which is comprised of trained and talented professionals and many with advanced degrees. Our personnel are certified in their individual specialty areas and participate in ongoing training programs to enhance their personal expertise.
Our specialists include registered civil and geotechnical engineers and geologists, environmentalists, scientists, multi-disciplined materials testing and inspection technicians and inspectors, water and sewer operators, and project managers. A capable and competent administrative staff supports these technical specialists.
MTI is accredited, approved, or affiliated with the following agencies:
- International Code Council (ICC)
- International Accreditation Service (IAS) ISO 17025
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
- AASHTO Materials Reference Laboratory (AMRL) (AAP)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Idaho Association of Professional Geologists (IAPG)
- National Institute for Certifying in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- AIHA's Proficiency Analytical Testing (PAT for bulk and air asbestos)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Registered Environmental Assessors, CA (REA)
- American Society of Nondestructive Testing (ASNT)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL)
- Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT)
- Idaho Transportation Department (ITD)
- Washington Association of Building Officials (WABO)
- Oregon Association of Building Officials (OBOA)