Medasend was founded as a full service waste management company for the healthcare industry. Our mission to provide a reliable and affordable alternative for medical waste management services and compliance training.
Medasend ensure our clients complete regulatory compliance and proper handling and disposal of your medical waste. With decades of experience combined, our compliance staff are well versed with state and federal regulations pertaining to the disposal of biohazardous waste, which can often be confusing. We’re dedicated to helping you understand these regulations.
The following are the six types of medical waste (read more about this below) that are regulated by the United States government:
- Human blood and blood products including discarded waste human blood
- Sharps including hypodermic needles, scalpels, blood vials and syringes
- Cultures and stocks of infectious agents and associated biologicals
- Human pathological wastes including tissue, organs, and body parts
- Animal waste including carcasses, body parts, body fluids
- Potentially infectious waste
Medasend’s compliance staff are dedicated to helping clients determine the best course of action to undertake depending on the types of medical waste produced by your facility.
Medasend’s medical waste compliance specialists support our clients by providing responsive, professional and compliant medical waste services including an all-inclusive compliance training program.
Required Compliance Training
- HIPAA Training
- OSHA Training
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Engineering Control
- Engineering Training and Assessment
- First Aid Training
- CPR Training
- Emergency Preparedness Training
- Quarterly Safety Meetings
- Hepatitis B Vaccinations
- Flu Vaccinations
- The Joint Commission Training
- TJC Mock Audits
- Infection Control Seminars
- MSDS Training and Manual
- Waste Segregation Training
- Off-Site Record Keeping per OSHA/HIPAA
- Mock OSHA Audit
Medasend Biomedical, Inc., in business since 1999, was founded as a full service waste management company for the healthcare industry. Medasend’s success was built off of our neverending emphasis on premiere customer service. Medasend has grown to become one of the most recognized healthcare waste management companies serving the healthcare community.
Our team of innovative engineers, doctors and compliance specialists are dedicated to environmental protection as we continue to lead the efforts for safe disposal of sharps and other forms of biohazard waste.
Medasend currently services accounts in the entire United States except for Alaska and Hawaii. Since our inception more than a decade ago, Medasend has supplied hundreds of thousands of medical waste containers to customers all over the United States.
We provide our clients with 24-hour support 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Regardless of the size of your facility, it is our mission to provide each client with the same level of service and support. We also offer webinars on infection control, workplace safety and OSHA compliance, which include continuing education units for our clients.
Our Healthcare Compliance Training programs include waste segregation training, pharmaceutical management training, non-RCRA and RCRA hazardous waste training, HIPAA, bloodborne pathogen training, OSHA compliance, TJC, first aid, CPR, health and safety training, ICD-9/10, infectious disease awareness, non-DOT training, MSDS training, emergency preparedness and many more. These programs help keep you and your staff safe as well as greatly reducing accidental exposure in the work place. Click here for more information.
Serving a wide range of industries
We don’t only specialize in the healthcare industry. We also serve many other industries who are in need of waste management services:
- Road and transportation
- Pharmacies – Pharmaceutical disposal
- Dental laboratories
- School laboratories
- Health and beauty
- Botechnology manufacturers
- Chemical manufacturers
- Byproducts manufacturers
- Ambulatory Health Care Services
- Ambulance Services
- Kidney Dialysis Centers
- Medical & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services
- Outpatient Surgical Centers
- Nursing Homes & Long-Term Care Facilities