Natural Gas Vehicle Institute (NGVi)
NGVi is the leading training provider in North America for the natural gas vehicle industry. NGVi is the new standard of NGV training for organizations that truly care about safety. When you’re launching an NGV program—whether for a fleet, a fuel retailer or a vehicle dealership, safety is your top concern. You’re passionate about making sure your customers, your employees and the general public are not exposed to any unnecessary risks. That’s where we fit in. As the leading provider of NGV training in North America, we know safety. We live safety. We teach safety. We train the full chain of NGV users—from drivers to vehicle technicians to fueling station maintenance technicians to service managers and supervisors. We also train fueling station designers, fire marshals, code officials and first responders. But we don’t stop at training. We also size and design CNG stations and evaluate vehicle maintenance facilities for the use of CNG or LNG.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Training provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Since 1989, hundreds of organizations have trusted NGVi to meet their training needs. They refer other clients to NGVi, and they come back every time they need additional training or consulting services.
- We are the only ASE-accredited training provider in the entire alternative fuels industry.
- Exclusively focused on natural gas training. Our expertise is unparalleled.
- We are 100% mobile—we train where you need us.
- We train the entire natural-gas-for-transportation user chain.
- Over 22,000 technicians and professionals trained.
- 10 of the top 10 US NGV fleets are trained by NGVi.
NGVi is the only ASE-accredited training provider in the entire alternative fuels industry. This means you can choose NGVi with confidence, knowing that our organization has been reviewed against automotive training industry established and endorsed standards, and approved by peers.
ASE accreditation is a rigorous process, and only the most diligent and professional automotive training organizations receive accreditation. NGVi is proud to be one of less than 50 organizations in the U.S. who can claim ASE accreditation, joining the ranks of companies like 3M, BMW, Volvo and Mack Trucks Training Academies and Toyota.
Choosing an ASE-accredited training provider like NGVi ensures you’re getting the highest quality training available, and when customer and employee safety is at stake, that’s always your number one priority.
- Level 1: NGV Essentials and Safety Practices
- Level 2: CNG Fuel System Inspector Training
- Level 3: Heavy-Duty NGV Maintenance and Diagnostics Training
Fueling Station Training
- CNG Fueling Station Design Course
- CNG Fueling Station Operation and Maintenance Course
- NGV Fleet Driver Safety E-Learning
- NGV Technician and Fleet Operations Safety E-Learning
- CNG Fueling Station Design E-Learning
- CNG Fueling Station Operation and Maintenance E-Learning
A Sample of Our Clients
- American Honda Motor Company
- American Gas Association
- ARI Fleet Leasing
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York
- Cummins Power
- Cummins Rocky Mountain
- Encana Oil & Gas
- Ford Motor Company
- Geico Insurance
- General Motors Corporation
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
- John Deere Corporation
- Laidlaw Transit
- Los Angeles MTA
- Mack Trucks
- McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Navistar, Inc.
- Orion Bus Industries
- MTA New York City Transit
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Penske Truck Leasing
- Republic Services
- Ryder System, Inc.
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Sonoma County Transit
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Southern California Gas Company
- TIAX, LLC
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- U.S. AID
- U.S. Air Force
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Marine Corps
- U.S. Postal Service
- Veolia Transportation
- Walt Disney World
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit
- Waste Management
Exclusively focused on NGVs – Natural gas vehicles and fueling are our only business. We train and consult with NGV industry professionals, fleet managers, drivers, maintenance technicians and other employees how to safely operate and fuel natural gas vehicles, how to size, design, operate and maintain CNG fueling stations, how to manage LNG fleets and fueling and other related subjects.
Unparalleled Knowledge and Experience – Each of our professional staff has more than 20 years’ experience in real-world NGV consulting and training with fleets and industry. We work daily with technical issues of both CNG and LNG, and we have helped major companies and organizations within the NGV industry develop successful business plans.
Integrity – We deliver products and services according to our promises, on time and within budget. We execute projects with explicit attention to detail. We are honest in all aspects of our business—our contracts, our communication as well as our technical assessments. We are not beholden to any individual or company, and will not compromise our integrity for any reason.
Quality – NGVi’s consulting resources, technical materials and training curriculum have been thoroughly researched and reviewed by industry experts and testing officials to ensure accuracy. These materials are continuously updated as products, codes, standards and trends change.
Professionalism – We treat our clients and employees with courtesy and dignity. We constantly strive to learn more and improve our products and services, and we place a high emphasis on leadership, believing it is our job to use our experience and technical expertise to help others.