Newson Gale Inc
For over 30 years, Newson Gale has been leading the way in hazardous area static grounding control, serving industries where processes generating static electricity have the potential to ignite flammable or combustible atmospheres. . Fires and explosions can occur as a result of uncontrolled static discharge from plant, people and materials, and these commonly result in civilian injuries and fatalities, as well as significant financial losses in direct property damage and plant downtime. To help control these risks, Newson Gale offers a wide range of static grounding and bonding equipment which is made to provide optimum safety in explosive atmospheres and other hazardous operating environments.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Hazardous Waste
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
In 2001, Newson Gale released their first patented product – the Bond-Rite Intrinsically Safe Self-Testing Clamp, and in the ten years that followed this unique product proved very popular with over 10,000 units being sold.
In the light of increased focus on overseas sales, a strategic decision to expand operations into the USA resulted in the formation of Newson Gale Inc in 2005, initially headed up by current MD Graham Tyers, but more recently with a dedicated team of operations, marketing, technical and finance personnel in place to handle the business.
Also in 2005, Newson Gale was awarded ‘The Queens Award for Enterprise’ for International Trade increasing overseas sales by 70% in just three years. As part of the award a group of long service employees visited Buckingham Palace.
The company moved to its present location of 8,000 sq ft. in Colwick in 2008 with the continued expansion of manufacturing capacity of an additional 3,000 sq ft. in October 2012. With more than 40 employees worldwide some of which have served 30 years, and an experienced network of distributors the company has a unique mix of skills and knowledge within this sector.
In 2011 Newson Gale was presented with the prestigious ‘Achievement in International Business’ award at the Nottingham’s Best East Midlands Awards Ceremony sponsored by Enterprise Europe.
With the increase of International trade, in March 2011 Newson Gale expanded operations in Europe with the formation of Newson Gale GmbH, a new division based in Essen to provide dedicated sales and technical service to customers in Germany.
The Earth-Rite MGV (Mobile Ground Verification) won the award for Technical Innovation – an original new product being used within hazardous areas at the International HazardEx Awards in March 2012.
With the business continually developing technology to meet the needs of its customers everyone at Newson Gale strives to provide a Total Solutions Package from initial contact right through to delivery and support.
Static electricity is an ever-present and significant ignition risk for operations conducted in flammable, combustible and potentially explosive atmospheres.
The uncontrolled build up and discharge of electrostatic sparks must be avoided in EX / HAZLOC environments to prevent ignitions that could harm people and damage plant equipment, products and the environment. Newson Gale’s wide range of static grounding and bonding systems, equipment and accessories can control and eliminate these ignition risks, creating a safer and more productive work environment.
- 30 years’ experience of developing solutions directed at eliminating electrostatic hazards.
- Broadest range of static grounding and bonding product solutions available to the EX / HAZLOC industries.
- Universal knowledge of IEC, Cenelec, API and NFPA codes of practice related to controlling the ignition risks of static electricity.
- Our products enable our customers to demonstrate compliance with international recommended practice and guidance.
- Global EX / HAZLOC approvals including IECEx / ATEX / cCSAus / InMetro / NEPSI.
Maintaining leadership in static control and hazardous area safety
We shall achieve this by:
- Offering a unique range of products and services aimed at protecting people, plant, processes and the environment against the dangers of uncontrolled electrostatic ignition and related hazardous area safety issues.
- Developing innovative new products and continuously improving our existing range of products and services –offering multiple points of competitive advantage across our entire product/service package.
- Maintaining a suitable presence in all key worldwide industrial markets, including branch/subsidiary offices, distributors, channel partners and via direct customer relations.
- Establishing and supporting the Newson Gale brand to be the most recognised name in the global niche of hazardous area static control.
- Understanding and keeping abreast of global technical standards and maintaining certifications and approvals to support international markets.
- Investing in facilities, manufacturing, and logistics techniques and resources to ensure cost effective means of production and consistently high quality output.
- Providing the resources to ensure employees are kept up to date and appropriately trained in their necessary technical skills, personal development and management of work practices.
- Operating a financially sound and profitable business to meet the objectives of all our stakeholders – shareholders, employees, customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities and the wider community.
Core principles of Newson Gale:
- Providing a safe working environment for all our employees.
- To foster a friendly, supportive, “no blame” culture.
- Always to act with fairness and integrity and to show respect.
- Realising we are all responsible and accountable for our actions.
- Being passionate about our business and celebrating success.
- Having the humility to learn.
Striving for clarity and simplicity in our processes and methods.