North American Weather Consultants Inc.
North American Weather Consultants (NAWC) is one of the longest-standing private meteorological consulting firms in the United States. Since 1950 North American Weather Consultants has Specialized in Providing Weather Modification, Air Quality Services, Ambient Monitoring, Tracer Studies, Permitting, Applied Meteorological Studies, Dispersion Modeling and Expert Testimony to Clients in the U.S.A. and Around the World.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Meteorological Monitoring
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
North American Weather Consultants (NAWC) is one of the longest-standing private meteorological consulting firms in the United States. In 1970, NAWC received the American Meteorological Society's prestigious Award for Outstanding Services to Meteorology by a Corporation 'for its pioneering the practice of private meteorology in the United States...' We have been providing high quality, innovative consulting services to clients domestically and abroad for more than 50 years. This page provides some background on NAWC, describes who we are, what we do, and the underlying philosophy that drives our business approach and corporate standards.
Corporate History - NAWC has provided meteorological, weather modification, and air quality consulting services since its establishment in 1950. We have a long, proud history of providing our clients with complete, focused consulting services. Our underlying corporate philosophy and business approach have withstood the test of time. NAWC operated as a private corporation until being acquired by a large, publicly-traded corporation in 1992. In 1999, NAWC separated from the parent firm, resuming its operations as a private corporation.
NAWC was established in the Santa Barbara, California area in 1950 and maintained its headquarters there until 1980, when the corporate offices were relocated to Salt Lake City, Utah. Our offices are currently located in Sandy, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City.
Our Corporate Philosophy - NAWC's corporate philosophy hinges on pride in our work and a clear focus on our clients' specific needs. Clients hire consultants to help them find answers to their problems/needs, each within a context of specific circumstances. Our simple approach is to listen very closely to our clients from the outset, and then tailor our work to address their specific needs. This approach leads to focused, timely, and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Our Corporate Structure - NAWC consists of two primary divisions: 1) Weather Modification, including a broad spectrum of operations and research projects and 2) Applied Meteorology, involving a wide variety of activities in the areas of extreme precipitation (probable maximum precipitation), forecasting, climatology, and forensics.
- Incorporated in 1950, NAWC has nearly 60 years of continuous involvement in weather modification.
- NAWC was founded as a weather modification company. Weather modification has always been NAWC's primary specialty.
- NAWC is recognized internationally as a leader in the weather modification field, in research and operations.
- NAWC received the American Meteorological Society's prestigious 'Award for Outstanding Services to Meteorology by a Corporation' in 1970 for pioneering the practice of private meteorology in the United States.
- NAWC has conducted weather modification projects and provided consulting services in many countries outside the United States, including Europe, South America, Central America, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Our weather modification activities and contributions are well known, through our hundreds of publications and reports.
- Our extensive client list includes hydroelectric utilities, government agencies, water districts, universities and private entities.
- NAWC's client satisfaction rating is consistently very high, due to NAWC's ongoing commitment to carefully determine and fully address each client's specific needs. We always tailor our services to our clients' interests and circumstances.
- NAWC offers the full spectrum of weather modification services, ranging from basic research to feasibility studies and reviews of existing projects, and from start-up services to full-service operational projects.
- We offer the full range of cloud seeding capabilities, including ground-based and airborne seeding systems, appropriate support systems, and ground-based and airborne seeding plume tracking, using tracer technology.
- NAWC stands ready to address your specific weather modification interests. We can help.