Biomass is one of the most abundant resources available in nature, and it comes in many forms. For NovaGreen, biomass format can be either native plant species, or ‘remnant’ biomass products left over from the processing of agriculture or forestry products. Native plant species include hardwood, and sugar cane. Remnant products include wheat straw, wood waste, sugar cane waste, or corn stover. This wide range of low cost starting feedstock types gives NovaGreen numerous options for project location. Feedstock diversity prevents dependency on a single input resource.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- less than $1,000,000 US
Biomass is composed of three basic elements:
- Cellulose, formed by the linkage of glucose (simple sugar) molecules in the plant;
- Hemi-cellulose, a more complex sugar molecule found in plants; and
- Lignin, the ‘glue’ component that provides strength and structure for the plant.
NovaGreen unlocks the full potential of biomass to create valuable, environmentally friendly products for the world marketplace. NovaGreen technology enables extremely efficient utilization of biomass for a number of high demand products. As a result, NovaGreen will produce a multitude of high value, in demand products for the emergent biomass based marketplace. These products will have an extremely positive impact on the future of industry, and the consumer health food marketplace.
Our proprietary Sequential Extraction Technology, or SET, sequentially extracts and refines high volumes of ALL THREE building block components of biomass. Our approach yields a number of high value products that benefit the Health & Nutrition, and Environmental Protection markets. The efficiency of the process virtually eliminates waste and toxic by-products from the production cycle.
NovaGreen's SET™ technology is environmentally friendly. Key environmental advantages are:
- small water footprint
- small energy footprint. We focus on renewable resources as the source for heat and power
- greenhouse gas offsets. Several elements of our project will generate carbon credits, driving our carbon footprint towards the target goal of zero over time.