The ODEON project was initiated as a cooperation between the Technical University of Denmark (Dpt. of Acoustic Technology) and a group of consulting companies in 1984 with the purpose of providing reliable prediction software for room acoustics. The years invested in the ODEON development has provided a reliable yet easy to use room acoustics prediction software. Today ODEON is used for a wide range of applications.
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety - Noise and Vibration
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
With the room acoustics software ODEON you can simulate and analyse noise from all sorts of noise sources. Make grid maps with noise distribution in all kind of rooms and even from one room to another.
In ODEON Combined all featres from both the Industrial and Auditorium Edition is Combined. So if you are have a large variety of acoustic projects integrating both noise control from Industrial maschinery, loudspeaker simulations and traditional room acoustics. The Combined version of ODEON is the best choise
ODEON Room Acoustics software. With a 3D model as basis e.g. imported from Google SketchUp you can simulate the room acoustical parameters of any kind of room and listen to how the room acoustics will sound before it is build; e.g. with natural sound sources as people or instruments or with loudspeakers or array loudspeakers in the room model.
The ODEON project was initiated as a cooporation between the Technical University of Denmark (Dpt. of Acoustic Technology) and a group of consulting companies in 1984 with the purpose of providing reliable prediction software for room acoustics. The years invested in the ODEON development has provided a reliable yet easy to use room acoustics prediction software. Today ODEON is used for a wide range of applications.
The first versions of ODEON was targeted at solving acoustic problems in concert and opera halls. The software was named after the ancient Greek odeon, that is said originally to have been roofed.
This page contains info about coorporations and research projects in the following categories: current cooperations, previous research projects and student projects.
Current Cooperation And Ongoing Projects
- Research cooperation with Helsinki University of Technology, Department of Media Technology, Finland, on auralisation of musical instruments and symphony orchestra.
- The implementation of array loudspeakers into the ODEON software is developped in coorporation with Duran Audio. Duran Audio are expert in high frequency beam steered loudspeaker arrays.
- Science and Heritage Research Cluster initiated by University of Huddersfield. Acoustic and Music of British Prehistory Research Network. A interdisciplinary network for investigation of best practise and methodology in Neolithic Acoustics.
- COST research cooperation on 'Soundscape of European Cities and Landscapes'. Aiming at providing the unpinning science and practical guidance in soundscape to support designers and decision makers in planning and reshaping urban/rural spaces.
- Research cooperation with University Nebraska, Omaha. - Auralisations Using Directional Sources in Computer Modelling of Room Acoustics. - Scattering in Architectural Acoustics
- AMFF Project: Limiting the Annoying Noise in Open Plan Offices – New Ways and Methods.
- HEARCOM - Research cooperation on EU-project through the Technical University of Denmark. - Many people experience severe limitations in their activities, caused either by a hearing loss or by poor environmental conditions. The HearCom project aims at reducing these limitations in auditory communication. Through the Technical University of Denmark, Odeon A/S is a subcontractor to this project.