Orthodyne S.A.

What started as a family business manufacturing wireless (radio) sets in the 1920s has evolved into a whole new field of technology and innovation for Belgium-based Orthodyne. For almost 30 years the company was involved in the wireless business, but this dwindled in the early 1950s as transistor radios imported from America brought the curtain down on the firm’s wireless activities. The company is now immersed in instruments, detectors and total analytical engineering solutions. “At Orthodyne,” the company explains, “we sell more than just products, our mission is to supply solutions. To achieve this, we develop, produce and/or distribute a large range of analytical products and services.” Today, from its base in Alleur and with a workforce of about 55 people, Orthodyne exports around 95% of production all over the world via national sales and support agents on every continent – and works in cooperation with all major producers and suppliers of industrial gas throughout the world.

Company details

Rue des Technologies, 23 , ALLEUR , B-4432 Belgium

More Office Locations Locations Served

Our Distributors

Business Type:
Manufacturer
Industry Type:
Monitoring and Testing - Laboratory Equipment
Market Focus:
Globally (various continents)

Orthodyne then began producing appliances to measure impurities in argon used for welding. These chromatographs were fitted with a detector using high frequency discharges to serve in steel plants in the Liege region of Belgium. The company’s customer base soon widened to Germany and France and Orthodyne’s structure and product range grew to include new high purity detectors for industrial and laboratory applications. Orthodyne played a ‘pioneering role’ in this field, following this up by further broadening its product range and developing in-house analytical software and its own ‘engineering’ department among others.

Total analytical solutions

These services include continuous analysers, chromatography systems, analytical engineering, data acquisition systems, maintenance services, and validation. Orthodyne’s special asset is the ‘modular concept’ and the company uses a modular system to design and assemble analysers to meet the most demanding customer requirements. Orthodyne also specialises in analytical engineering by cooperating with other producers supplying a complementary range, with just one aim in mind: Providing the customer with a total solution. The company can supply IT solutions through in-house development of analysis software, training, maintenance, and permanent support from its after sales department.

Purity

Orthodyne notes that up to 90% of its customers are those gas producers that want to control and guarantee a high degree of purity in their production. The remaining 10% are customers of these gas producers who wish to control the quality of supply.
With this in mind, Orthodyne’s range of detectors, Gas-Chromatographs and the AZ5000 continuous measurement system based on the luminosity of argon plasma in a quartz chamber are always built to order and take into account the gases to be analysed (Argon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Helium, Carbon Dioxide and more), the impurities to be detected, and the required detection threshold whether in percentage, parts per million (ppm) or parts per billion (ppb).

The company’s equipment can be found mainly with the major gas producers, in air separation plants, in bottle filling plants, as well as in major laboratories. The fields of application are thus very broad, ranging from pharmaceuticals, medical and food to space and the nuclear sectors, as well as electronics and the steel industry among others.

Some notable Orthodyne products include systems for medical applications, with the development of a complete range of specific analysers that comply with the European Pharmacopoeia standards, systems for the food sector where quality control and regulation is just as strict and the company has developed a device complying with the standards of EIGA.

With our development department, we always pursue the continuous improvement of existing analyzers and analysis systems, as well as the development of the latest and improved technologies. Also now we are working on smart technologies for your safety, cost and efficiency.