Pacific EcoRisk is an environmental consulting firm conducting research and testing in the fields of environmental toxicology, aquatic biology, and environmental chemistry. Our staff is comprised of 30+ degreed scientists and technicians who are skilled in integrating their experience in these areas to produce high-quality, cost-effective, and often innovative solutions to complex environmental problems. Our work is conducted in accordance with a highly effective QA/QC program, and our testing laboratory is certified and accredited, resulting in reliable evaluations and testing programs. Our primary objective is to provide the best information available for our clients, which include industry and agriculture, ports and marinas, POTWs, US military services, local, state, and federal regulatory agencies, as well as support services for other environmental or engineering firms.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Our company has many things to offer that are vital to a project’s success:
- Skill and Experience - You can be assured that your project is receiving attention from highly skilled and experienced degreed scientists.
- High Scientific Integrity - We are committed to performing only the highest caliber of work possible, in accordance with a highly effective QA/QC program.
- Cost Effectiveness - We are committed to being competitive through maintaining efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Attention and Care - We look forward to being available to help explain the nature of the work we performed, and to help interpret the results to you, and the involved regulatory agencies.
- Timely Response - Your reports will be prepared in a timely fashion.
- Company Facilities - Successful evaluation of contaminated waters and sediments by Pacific EcoRisk is due in no small part to our excellent laboratory facilities. Our newly constructed laboratory in Fairfield provides over 3500 sq. ft. of office and conference facilities, and over 7500 sq. ft. of actual laboratory space for conducting bioassays, culturing test organisms, storing and preparing water, effluent, and sediment samples for use in the tests, routine chemical analyses, and TIE fractionations as well as 3000 sq. ft. of storage. The various laboratory rooms comprising our facility are all designed for efficient and optimal performance of the testing services we provide.
- Laboratory Equipment - Pacific EcoRisk has all of the equipment necessary to successfully perform the EPA and ASTM water, effluent, and sediment tests. All of our testing and analytical equipment is maintained and calibrated as per our QA/QC Plan. All of our plastic and glass lab-ware is cleaned according to EPA guidelines, and is stored in clean, dust-free cabinets until used.
- Field Sampling/Monitoring Equipment - Pacific EcoRisk maintains a fleet of field sampling vehicles, including several vans and a 4-wheel drive truck. Pacific EcoRisk also maintains a fleet of sampling boats, ranging from 10-ft pond boats (equipped with four stroke outboard and electric trolling motors), a 21-ft shallow-draft deck boat (equipped with premium location electronics and electric winch system for deployment of various sampling gear [e.g., ponars, etc]), and is currently constructing a 28-ft custom-designed off-shore boat (outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment for performance of water, sediment, and biota sample collection). Finally, Pacific EcoRisk maintains all of the requisite field sampling and monitoring equipment (water quality meters, water sample collection devices and pumping systems, and a variety of sediment grab devices) needed to collect water, sediment, and biota efficiently, and in a technically-correct fashion.
Pacific EcoRisk Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Policy Statement
Pacific EcoRisk maintains a QA Plan that provides a detailed description of quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) procedures for all biological testing and chemical analyses performed. These procedures address all aspects of testing and analyses that can potentially affect data quality and interpretation, including sample collection and handling of test materials, holding and conditioning of test organisms, test conditions and procedures, calibration of instruments, experimental design, reference toxicant testing, record keeping, and statistical analyses of data.
Pacific EcoRisk follows Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures in accordance to methods established by the U.S. EPA, ASTM, and Standard Methods. QC procedures are documented and follow EPA protocols. As a result of the quality of the data provided, Pacific EcoRisk is able to provide support for technically rigorous and complex projects, including NPDES, Water Quality Criteria Development, (Dredging) 404 Certification, and Ecological Risk Assessments.
The primary objective of the Pacific EcoRisk QA Plan is to ensure that all of the data generated and reported are scientifically valid, legally defensible and of known accuracy, precision, representativeness, and comparability.
All of the testing performed at Pacific EcoRisk meet the following Criteria:
- Methods and procedures conform to the specifications and requirements of the appropriate regulatory agencies (EPA, Regional Water Quality Control Boards, U.S. ACOE, DTSC, etc.);
- When applicable, all measures of precision, accuracy, representativeness, and comparability are reported in the data package;
- All data are reviewed relative to the QA Plan. Corrective actions are implemented when data fail to meet established quality control criteria;
- Standard operating procedures have been developed and are used in order to ensure that the highest quality data are collected;
- All final reports are reviewed in order to meet our clients’ objectives with respect to quality and completeness.
The content of the QA Plan is reviewed and revised on a regular basis.