A. Flader founded a foundry at the edge of Jöhstadt, situated in the Ore Mountains. In 1868, pumps for fire-fighting were already produced called E. C. Flader. Later the sales program was completed by fire-fighting vehicles and pumps for industrial use. Since 1990, a product development of a broadly based spectrum of pumps for industry, agriculture and fire-fighting was accomplished by high investments. The requirements for the national and international market were fulfilled by the courtesy of an intensive development. On a 3000 m² production area the employees at Johstadt guarantee a high quality standard by working with the most modern CNC-machines and CAD. Worldwide Johstadt provides high quality in technical care and advice and service. The corporate identity through decades of history guarantees a high standard of quality for the future.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater - Pumps & Pumping
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
150 years pumps and fire fighting technique in Saxony – successful all over the world
Quadruplication of sales in the last 15 years with fire-fighting equipment and pumps for industry, biogas and agriculture and more than 100 employees: The PF Pumpen und Feuerlöschtechnik GmbH with its brand JOHSTADT has a long tradition and a very successful development in the last years. The company history started in 1860, when Friedrich August Flader founded a braziery. From the beginning hand operated pumps for fire fighting were produced under the brand of E.C. Flader. Later fire-fighting vehicles and pumps for industrial purposes completed the product range.
Already then the company site was situated just a few meters away from the Bohemian border in the Saxon Jöhstadt (Ore Mountains). Despite no rail or autobahn access the management held on to the location until today. Since the mid-1990s high investments in product development led to a wide range of pumps for industry, agriculture and fire fighting. Continuous development ensures that the products fulfill the high requirements of the national und international markets.
Today the products are delivered to all continents. The export ratio of 70 percent exceeds the Saxon as well as the German average. On a 4,500 m² production area the employees guarantee the high quality standard with CNC machines and CAD workstations. Moreover the company provides high quality technical support, advice and service worldwide.
It steadily expands: In 2012 a new production hall was dedicated and four instead of two trainees will start an apprenticeship every year. Hence the company ensures its further needs of professionals and lays the foundation for further growth.