PODTANKS sewage treatment plant system, no electricity needed, can be added to an existing septic tank to convert to a sewage treatment plant. UK design. FilterPod sewage treatment plants require no electricity, saving carbon emissions for the same price as an electric sewage treatment plant.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Waste Water Sewage Treatment Plants - PodTanks Sewage Systems
FilterPod non-electric, sustainable waste water sewage treatment systems are a UK design.
They are a 5 person, sustainable, non-electric sewage treatment system. The tank is tested for all UK ground conditions, even ultra high groundwater sites. The tanks are installed in tandem for larger populations.
FilterPod sewage treatment plants are powered by natural air currents or solar power and was tested at the EN Test Centre, through a Northern German winter - the harshest conditions for wastewater plant performance. Most waste water sewage systemsare tested during the summer months in order to obtain the best results, but we wanted to test for the worst treatment performance instead.
Benefits - FilterPod non-electric sewage treatment system
- NO electricity bills
- Average annual emptying interval in full use
- NO spare parts needed for the FilterPod wastewater treatment system
- Superb effluent quality - Twice as clean as the UK standard
- Almost ZERO Carbon Footprint - 3 times lower than a septic tank/reedbed
- EN 12566-3 2005 Certification (now mandatory in the UK)
- Can be Solar Powered if you don't want the vent pipe
- NO other UK sewage treatment plant can compete
- FREE essential training available on the installation
- Can convert a traditional septic tank or cesspit into a first class wastewater treatment system
- Designed and manufactured in the UK, for UK high groundwater site conditions
- One Piece Construction, Ultra strong tanks - these will not distort
- Annual service only
Waste Water Treatment Systems - Don't Cost The EARTH
- Expensive, noisy high wattage air blowers and pumps - GONE
- Expensive bi-annual system maintenance - GONE
- Worries about final sewage effluent quality - GONE
- Large carbon footprint - GONE
- Ban on sanitary items, wet-wipes, tampons, etc - GONE
- The need for domestic grease traps - GONE
- Worry about bending or cracking tanks - GONE
- Can be discharged to a watercourse OR a soakaway
- 10 year tank warranty
Why use electricity to power a wastewater system?
In nature, sewage pollutants are broken down in a non-aquatic environment, without the use of electricity. This sewage treatment process is fuelled by oxygen in the air. The greatest amount of oxygen that can be dissolved in water is only 14.6mg/litre, whereas air has 299.05mg/litre oxygen - over 20 times more. This is why the most efficient breakdown of sewage pollutants takes place on and in the aerobic part of the soil, NOT in water. Why increase your family's Carbon Footprint when you don't need to?
FilterPod Final Effluent Filters
FilterPod, understanding the importance of this fact, designed a dry or terrestrial treatment system; one that is rich in oxygen and therefore highly efficient. All other sewage treatment plants are liquid-based. The FilterPod sewage plant separates the solids from the water in raw sewage and other household wastes. Conventional sewage plant systems leave the waste in the water to be broken down by electrically pumping vast quantities of air into the liquid effluent in the tank. The FilterPod waste water plant filters the pollutants from the water in the dry, oxygen-rich environment of the biofilter, fuelled only by natural air currents.
The FilterPod sewage treatment plant process uses NO energy. Other waste water plants need a continuous supply of expensive electricity to drive the compressors, pumps, motors and discs that are needed to continually oxygenate liquid based systems. The FilterPod uses NONE for the sewage treatment process.
The FilterPod treatment system also has no electrical parts to break down or replace. That is why the operating cost of a sustainable FilterPod sewage system is so low.
Septic Tank Conversion and Upgrade
The FilterPod wastewater treatment system can also be added onto a traditional 2 chamber septic tank or cesspit as a septic tank conversion to a fully certified treatment system. It has been tested for this application and has the EN 12566-3 2005 Certificate for it, giving a cleaner effluent than most package wastewater treatment plants. It is the ideal sustainable solution if the problem is a failed soakaway but the septic tank is still in good condition. (It cannot follow an 'onion' shaped septic tank, as the effluent quality is too poor)