Purafil’s engineered clean air solutions - for improving indoor air quality, controlling corrosion, eliminating odors and preventing toxic gas releases - have been trusted worldwide for over 40 years. Purafil is a single-source manufacturer of gas-phase air filtration media, filters, systems and corrosion monitoring instrumentation. It maintains nearly 30,000 global installations in cleanroom, electronics, powergen, commercial, industrial, archival/museum, and water-wastewater treatment settings. Purafil’s ongoing commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and safety are exemplified by earning the latest ISO 9001:2008 certification, numerous industry awards and an obligation to the research and development of new clean air technologies.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Who We Are
For over 40 years, Purafil has been the world leader in the engineering and manufacture of gas-phase air filtration media, systems, and air quality monitors. Purafil revolutionized the gas-phase air filtration industry with the development of the world’s first potassium permanganate, air-cleaning media. Today, Purafil is providing innovative, clean air solutions to customers in every geography and market. Purafil is supported by representative firms throughout the United States and over 60 countries.
In process industries, we are preventing corrosion of machinery and computer controls. In buildings, we are removing odors and improving indoor air quality. In museums, libraries, and archives, we are preserving art and historical documents. In cleanrooms, we are increasing yield and product reliability. In water and wastewater operations, we are protecting the environment. In postharvest shipping and storage, we are extending the life of fresh flowers and produce.
- First to engineer, manufacture, and patent potassium and sodium permanganate-impregnated media for oxidation of pollutants.
- First to engineer and manufacture a UL Classified, synthesized carbon media for neutralization of corrosive airborne pollutants.
- First to develop and patent OnGuard quartz crystal microbalance technology for continuous, real-time monitoring of air quality.
- First to develop the Purafilter pleated filter with permanganate-impregnated media for retrofitting in commercial facilities.
- First to develop J-Track™ technology (patent-pending) for improving efficiency in gas-phase air filtration systems.
- First to develop MediaPIK™ software for selection of Purafil media type and quantity based on unique application requirements.
- 2012 Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Award for Global Gas-Phase Air Filtration, Product Line Strategy
- U.S. Presidential “E” and “E Star” Awards for Excellence in Exporting
- ISO 9001:2008 Certification
- 2010 Exporter of the Year Award (Environmental Category)
- 2010 Honorable Mention for AHR Innovation Awards (IAQ Category)
- 2009 Dealer Design Awards Program Gold Award Winner for IAQ
- 2007 Dealer Design Awards Program Gold Award Winner for IAQ
- 2007 Plant Engineering Product of the Year Silver Award for Instrumentation
- 2004 Clean Air Excellence Award, Environmental Protection Agency
- 2003 Business Achievement Award, Environmental Business Journal
Place your trust in us. We work with the best organizations in the industry.
- ASHRAE : American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technical Committees: SSPC 62.1; SPC 145P (Chair); TC 2.3; TC 9.8; TC 9.9, TC 9.11; TRG 4.11AQP
- ASTM: American Society for Testing and Materials – Technical Committees: D22.05; D28.04
- IEST: Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology – Working Groups: CC-008; CC-012; CC-035
- ITRS: International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors -Technical Working Groups: Yield Enhancement, Water Environment, Contamination Control
- ISA: International Society of Automation – Technical Committee S71
- ISO: International Standards Organization – Technical Committees: ISO/TC 142; ISO/TC 205; ISO/TC 209; Memberships on U.S. Delegations/U.S. TAG
- UL Classified: Underwriters Laboratories – Global Facilities Committee Standard P21-1102
- LEED: Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design – LEED Version 4.0
Our history is really all about you.
From the very beginning, our goal has been to make the world a better place to live.
- 2015 – Purafil joins Filtration Group Inc.
- 2013 – Joined the SKF Group
- 2011 – Opened 9th manufacturing facility
- 2005 – Acquired by Kaydon Corporation
- 1998 – Achieved ISO 9001 quality certification
- 1996 – Distributed in 50 countries
- 1994 – Offered complete solution with equipment, media, and monitoring
- 1983 – Expanded internationally with patented products
- 1969 – Incorporated as a private, stand-alone manufacturer