Ramtec is a producer of high-quality Robi, Hytera and Kenguru attachments for excavators and wheel loaders. Ramtec is a producer of its own high-quality Robi products as well as respected and trusted contract manufacturer of welded and machined steel parts. Ramtec`s history can be traced back to the 70`s when world-renowned Rammer was established. The current business began in 2002 when Sandvik Mining and Construction sold the cutter-crushers and hydraulic hammer housing factory to its management. We take pride in providing high-quality products. We care about and give individual attention to each and every customer. Feedback is very important to us, as we are constantly working to develop and improve our products and services. We offer after sales services for all our products, including spare parts and maintenance services.
Growth and innovation
From the very beginning, Ramtec's operations were focused on growth and innovation. Our up-to-date factory operates on self-owned facilities in Lahti, Finland and boasts FMS (Flexible Manufacturing System) based production. Production is focused on machining and assembling welded structures. Ramtec's business concept is to provide quality and cost-effective solutions for customers needs.
Ramtec's history can be traced back to the 70's when world-renowned Rammer was established in 1978. Over the years, the company changed hands and eventually became part of Sandvik Mining and Construction. The current factory was built in 1996 to manufacture crushers and hydraulic hammer housings. In 2002, the factory was sold to Ramtec by a management buyout arrangement (MBO).
We are proud of our solid background, which provides us with an excellent source of knowledge and experience for building our future.
- 1996 Bretec Oy (part of Detec/Tamrock Group ) founded the specialized factory to make hammer housings and hydraulic attachments.
- 1998 Sandvik acquires Tamrock à Sandvik Mining and Construction is established
- 2002 Sandvik divests the manufacturing operation. Operating managers and private investors acquire the production. Ramtec Oy is established
- 2003 Ramtec Oy acquires the real estate and the land around the factory.
- 2005 Ramtec increases the floor area and ads a new “Mandelli” machining center to FMS
- 2006 Ramtec adds another new “Mandelli” machining center to FMS
- 2006 Ramtec starts to sell first own attachments (Sorting grapples) with “Robi” name
- 2007 separate indoor storage facility for incoming components and finishedproducts was built
- 2010 Ramtec acquires Estonian “Harry’s Metal Oü”. Company was already a fabricated steel structure supplier to Ramtec
- 2011 Ramtec Oy acquires the product rights of Finnish “Hytera” loader attachments
- 2011 New facility for “Harry’s Metal” is inaugurated in November
- 2014 Ramtec purchased domestic sales office in Lahti
- 2015 Ramtec Attachment idea is created
- 2016 Ramtec acquires the product rights of Finnish compacting plate line “ Kenguru”