RDC starting life as a computer auction business, sourcing and selling second hand computer equipment to be sold at live auctions. Several years later product sales developed into an encompassed end of life ICT solution and RDC became a specialist end of life solution for used and obsolete IT assets, focusing on the secure deletion of data stored on used computer equipment and the final destination of unusable or obsolete items.
The first ICT equipment was processed by RDC in 1996, including data-wiping, electrical safety and functionality testing before resale for reuse or environmental recycling.
In 1999 RDC was acquired by Computacenter as their specialist IT recovery and remarketing division.
Our best practice processes and procedures led to our first Queens Award for Enterprise win in 2002, for Innovation, for developing the IT asset management business model that has formed the basis for the company’s success.
RDC is Europe’s leading ICT Asset Recovery Services provider with many years of experience and knowledge from handling clients’ used ICT equipment.
We now manage over 1.5 million items per annum from our UK headquarters based in Essex and we are a trusted and respected partner and service provider to customers ranging from global blue chip organisations and public sector bodies through to SMEs and sole traders.
We invite all potential clients to visit us to truly appreciate RDC’s scale and capability.
RDC is part of Computacenter, Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services.
Our asset recovery services and solutions generate value back, provide risk assurance and deliver demonstrable sustainability.
Services designed for use by small, medium and large private and governmental organisations. We work with global IT service providers, vendors, leasing companies and channel partners to deliver a range of asset recovery solutions.
Global coverage is provided through our European operations and international partner network delivering consistent services to local and multinational clients.
Key benefits and deliverables
- Generating revenue return for your used IT to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Data security management which meets your organisations security policy.
- Assured legislative and regulatory compliance protecting your organisations obligations and reputation.
- Inventory tracking and reporting so you can be assured of what has happened to every piece of equipment.
- Sustainability – Social, economic and environment. CSR, environmentally responsible recycling.
- Peace of mind because you are using a recognised best practice leader from an award winning company.
- Experience – 20 years of industry experience delivers market leading expertise.
In order that customers and RDC meet legal obligations surrounding disposal of used technology we ensure compliance.
Services delivered in Europe are compliant to the following:
- Data Protection Directive
- WEEE Directive
- Hazardous Waste Directive
- Electrical Safety Directive and IEE Guidelines
- Waste Framework Directive
- Environmental Protection
- Licensing waste carriers, recyclers and waste management facilities
- Health & Safety Directive
Where services are delivered through our international partner network, RDC require that partners are compliant with local laws and regulations.
Breaches and failure to comply with legislation can result in significant fines, imprisonment and damage to an organisations reputation.