Remtech Inc / Remtech S.A.
Remtech, a company established in 1982 with locations in France and the US was created by a team of highly qualified physicists and engineers willing to further explore the atmospheric boundary layer. In order to do so, they have developed innovative, reliable and user-friendly state-of-the-art instruments: the DOPPLER SODAR system which measures remotely a vertical profile of wind speed, direction, thermal stratification and turbulence parameters up to 400, 700 and 3,000 meters average altitude range depending on Sodar model. The RASS system which measures remotely temperature profiles in the atmosphere at an average altitude range of 1,000 meters. More than 600 Remtech systems have been delivered in over 55 countries worldwide.
In addition to the development and manufacturing of remote sensors, Remtech also offers servicing “a la carte” to better satisfy its customer needs, including rental of systems, measurement campaign and training courses among others.
Our wind measurement systems are now used in over 55 countries worldwide, from Alaska to South Africa and for various applications such as wind energy, airports, in and offshore measurement, meteorological and military applications.
Throughout the years, REMTECH has gained an industry-wide reputation for excellence and utmost innovative technology.
Software is the solution !
Since 1982 Remtech has constantly refined its Sodar's (acoustic wind profilers) software resulting in the following advantages :
- minimized hardware and thus amazing reliability
- very light instruments allowing easy transportation
- very low power consumption
- no post filtering needed which is a unique feature of our instruments
- high data accuracy.
For more than 30 years Remtech continues to run the extra mile and we truly thank you for your trust.
The REMTECH sodar can be used in a variety of meteorological monitoring applicationsSeveral of these are listed below.
- Wind energy site assessment
- Environmental impact analyses
- Wind shear detection on airports
- Regional wind studies for pollutant dispersion analysis
- Diffusion in complex terrain
- Power plant siting studies
- Building downwash studies
- Mountain valley flows and their impacts
- Land and sea breezes
- Urban heat island circulations
- Topographically induced flows
- Nocturnal inversion formation and decay
- Planetary boundary layer research
- Transport of elevated pollutant plumes
- Clear air turbulence studies
- Thunderstorm outflows
- Vertical temperature structure
- Dose calculation forecasts of nuclear accidents
- Toxic chemical spill response training