REC is a multidisciplinary health, safety, environmental and energy consultancy with offices throughout the UK and Ireland. Our national coverage enables our local experts to provide you with cost-effective and pragmatic consultancy services in an efficient and sustainable manner.
Resource and Environmental Consultants
Resource and Environmental Consultants Limited (REC) are a multi-disciplinary Health, Safety & Environmental Consultancy with offices located throughout the UK and Ireland. Our national coverage, with fourteen office locations throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, enables our local experts to provide cost effective and pragmatic consultancy services in an efficient and sustainable manner.
Professionals on your side
REC has an outstanding track record in the delivery of a wide range of projects, from small sites with specific constraints to major development schemes; REC can provide the correct scope of works and specific methodologies to suit any project or budget.
REC has grown to be a respected professional consultancy that prides itself on technical expertise. As a company we invest heavily in staff training and company accreditation to ensure our clients receive the highest quality service.
REC's Service Offering:
Our culture is fundamentally based on adding value to any project or scheme in which we are involved, through a partnered approach to ensure technical excellence and practical solutions are provided by our teams of highly skilled engineers, scientists and commercial staff. REC has also continued to widen its service provision and today provides you with seamless advice and expertise in the following areas:
- Acoustic Consultancy
- Air Quality Consultants
- Asbestos Management
- Environmental Management
- Flood Risk
- Health, Safety and Environmental Training
- Renewable Energy
Resource and Environmental Consultants are experts in all areas of environmental consulting providing high quality services in a number of environmental consulting disciplines. REC has 15 regional offices located throughout the UK and Ireland, find your local office can be found here.
Formed in 1995 Resource and Environmental Consultants have over 17 years experience in the environmental consulting industry allowing us to provide clients with high quality services and to succesfully deliver our clients often varied requirements.
REC specialise in all areas of environmental consulting including;
- Acoustic Consultancy
- Air Quality Consultants
- Asbestos Management
- CHSS Training
- Ecology Consultancy
- Corporate Services
- Flood Risk
- Renewable Energy
- View all Environmental Services
With all environmental consulting services delivered by our highly trained, locally based environmental consultants, REC can fulfil your requirements for both large scale projects and small scale individual projects.
REC Environmental Policy Statement
Resource and Environmental Consultants Ltd is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers, suppliers, neighbours and anyone affected by our environmental services. The company is committed to the following environmental policy:
- The company will act in compliance of any relevant statute or common law relating to environmental management.
- The company will act to deliver competent advice to client companies and will ensure the quality of this advice in accordance with its quality systems.
- The company will act to evaluate and wherever possible reduce its environmental impact and that of its client companies.
- The company will evaluate and wherever possible, minimise its use of natural resources.
- The company will endeavour to continuously improve its environmental performance.
- The company shall minimise and wherever possible, ensure the recycling of its waste streams - particularly paper, laser/inkjet cartridges and chemicals.
- The company will take all practical measures to prevent significant environmental impacts caused by its activities.
- The company will develop a management system to deliver continued environmental improvements.
Resource and Environmental Consultants is committed to the following criteria in all aspects of environmental consulting towards its responsibility to the environment.
- To conserve our environment and to exercise the necessary professionalism to achieve these aims wherever possible.
- To purchase recycled materials and recycle materials produced as a result of our work (wherever it is reasonably possible).
- To be proactive in environmental control and to exercise self regulation rather than 'act after the event'.
- Set and maintain high standards of environmental management.
- Ensure that risks and hazards are minimised to staff and the public alike.
Control of the environmental risk potential is paramount to our success and to the company's aim to achieve and maintain high standards and to investigate and employ innovative techniques, which may improve any current methodology.
Working to current legislative and regulatory standards are deemed to be our minimum requirements, but our objective is to surpass this minimum standard.
This philosophy is accepted and implemented from the senior management and throughout the workforce.
Resource and Environmental Consultants Ltd ('the company') is committed to achieving a working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, religious beliefs, age or sexual orientation. This policy aims to remove unfair and discriminatory practices within the company and to encourage full contribution from its diverse community. The company is committed to actively opposing all forms of discrimination.
The company also aims to provide a service that does not discriminate against its clients and customers in the means by which they can access the services and goods supplied by the company. The company believes that all employees and clients are entitled to be treated with respect and dignity.
The Extent of the Policy
The company seeks to apply this policy in the recruitment, selection, training, appraisal, development and promotion of all employees. The company seeks to ensure that all sub-contractors and agents act in accordance with this policy. The company accepts no reliability for the actions of sub-contractors and agents. The company offers goods and services in a fashion that complies with the spirit of this policy.
it is the policy of Resource and Environmental Consultants Ltd, that all its undertakings, operations, premises, plant and equipment are conducted and maintained to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of all its employees, customers, the public and others who may be affected by its activities.
To achieve this, resources and responsibilities are allocated so that:-
- Safety is never compromised for reasons of production, performance or profit.
- Managers demonstrate leadership by example at all times in health and safety matters and are held accountable for the safety performance of all persons under their control.
- Rules, procedures, standards and systems, including all relevant statutory legislation relating to health and safety are installed, regularly reviewed, communicated to employees and monitored for effectiveness.
- Employees are actively encouraged to develop high levels of awareness of good safety practice and to participate and co-operate in the pursuit of safety excellence through their everyday work.
- Every accident, incident or near miss related to personal injury, occupational health, property damage, environmental damage, fire or security is properly investigated, reported and the causes determined with appropriate action to prevent recurrence.
- Training in health and safety is identified and provided in accordance with the needs of all employees.
- Suitable and sufficient financial and other resources will be provided for the management of health & safety.
- This policy and the arrangements for health & safety will be reviewed on an annual basis.
REC Statement of Management Policy
It is the established policy of Resource and Environmental Consultants Ltd when undertaking Geoenvironmental consultancy business as instructed by the client to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that the client's requirements whenever possible are met and that their continued loyalty is promoted.
REC Geoenvironmental will, under the Leadership of the Directors, endeavor to provide and maintain a high standard of quality in all aspects of the Geoenvironmental consultancy business.
Resource and Environmental Consultants has implemented a quality management system, based on the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001: 2008. As the means of fulfilling this commitment the quality system encompasses all activities from initial customer enquiry to service receipt by the customer and review of customer feedback following receipt. It is the responsibility of all staff who are involved in any way with the geoenvironmental consultancy to implement the policies and procedures laid down in management system documentation.
On-going management system review and evaluation, including formal internal audits and documented review by senior management ensures:
- That the quality management system is compiled with and that it continues to be suitable and effective;
- The identification and implementation of management system improvement opportunities.
All necessary action is taken following evaluation, and appropriate objective and targets are set so as to maintain the high standards that are associated with Resource and Environmental Consultants and ensure realisation of a policy of continual improvement.
Progress towards the meeting of these objectives and appropriate system amendment is initiated.