Ricardo-AEA`s vision is to be recognised, by Governments and International Agencies, as a leading provider of analysis, advice, and data on economically sustainable solutions for the most pressing global energy and environmental challenges. In the chemical safety market, our industry leading solutions are delivered by the award winning NCEC. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
Ricardo-AEA is a global sustainability consultancy. We help our clients solve some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges and provide Governments, public agencies and businesses with leading analysis, advice and data.
Clients benefit from our unprecedented depth of capability specialising in six key areas: Air & Environmental Quality; Energy & Climate Change; Resource Efficiency & Waste Management; Water; Sustainable Transport; and Chemical Risk.
Clients value Ricardo-AEA’s unique expertise, which is supported by over 40 years of heritage dealing with sustainability issues. In particular, clients value our deep understanding of energy and environmental drivers, policy development, technical excellence and the ability to turn challenges into business opportunities. A good way to appreciate the breadth and depth of our services is to look at a selection of our projects from around the world:
- Running the UK Government’s national air pollution and GHG inventories, and leading 24/7 delivery of the UK’s National Air Pollution Monitoring Services.
- Providing air quality monitoring and management systems for cities and governments around the world, from Gibraltar to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Providing the major hotel group De Vere with air quality assessments to support planning applications, including plans for a new hotel in Edinburgh.
- Leading advisor to the UK Government’s Committee on Climate Change.
- Supporting governments and agencies such as those in India, South Africa, Kenya and Turkey to develop and implement their own climate change policies.
- Preparing Europe’s cities for the impacts of climate change and developing best practice on adaptation on behalf of the European Commission.
- Providing Citigroup with climate finance expertise to inform its Climate Council on alternative energy finance.
- Leading advisor to the United Kingdom’s largest resource efficiency bodies: WRAP and Zero Waste Scotland.
- Advising Zero Waste South Australia on waste-to-energy technology
- Appointed by the city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to advise on future waste management strategy.
- Helping United Kingdom dairy producers to implement centralised anaerobic digestion to meet renewable energy targets.
- Supporting the United Kingdom's electricity and gas regulator's decision-making by providing a comprehensive evidence base to assess the impacts of new energy transmission and distribution systems upon water quality.
- Managing the 'Water Technology List', which enables businesses to claim capital allowances on sustainable water investment, on behalf of the United Kingdom's Government.
- Leading research for the European Commission on the policy framework for reducing GHG emissions in transport and advising on controlling CO2 emissions from cars and vans.
- Creating a unique analysis tool “SULTAN” to develop transport policy including for Toyama City in Japan.
- Mapping and analysing major aviation emission trends at some of the world’s largest airports.
- Developing a carbon strategy for a global engine manufacturer to meet its legislative requirements and future-proof its decision making.
- Our National Chemical Emergency Centre is an integral component of front line emergency response in the United Kingdom.
- Providing 24/7 chemical emergency response to over 500 companies worldwide, including 50% of the top 100 chemical companies.
- Our clients access a comprehensive suite of chemical information management and training services
Expert consultancy for our clients world-wide
Our clients' benefit from the high calibre leadership, management, consulting and technical talent we develop and attract from across the globe. You will receive strong support, thanks to the unique expertise of our people, their capabilities and the way our business brings them together.
Managing and leading our teams to deliver exemplary business performance for our clients.
Providing dedicated consultancy advice across five key practice areas.
- Air Quality and Environment
- Energy and Climate Change
- Resource Efficiency and Waste Management
- Sustainable Transport
A Client-Focused Culture
Supporting clients through the expertise of our teams, capabilities and culture.
Join our Team
If you are looking for a stimulating, rewarding career where your expertise can make a difference to high-profile, international projects, please click here.