RMSI Private Limited
RMSI is a global leader in geospatial and engineering solutions. These solutions address global issues of climate change, natural calamities, human habitation, food security, autonomous transportation, smart utilities and networks. It employs more than forty two hundred employees and functions from offices located in three different Indian cities – Noida, Hyderabad and Dehradun and five international subsidiaries, serving clients in more than twenty five nations and five continents across the globe. RMSI’s core competency lies in providing solutions across the entire geospatial value chain – from data creation, conversion, and enhancement to software development, modeling, analytics, and consulting. The ability to offer complete solutions, comprising data, software, and engineering under one roof, is a key differentiator for the company.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
RMSI has a highly diverse workforce – a combination of rare skill sets with domain expertise and functional capabilities. We have regularly achieved a ‘pride of place’ in leading employer surveys. RMSI has been recently ranked the No.1 Company to work for in India 2015 by the Great Place To Work Institute and The Economic Times
- Ranked as the No 1 Company in India in 2015, by the prestigious Great Place to Work® Institute
- Employee resource base of over 4200+ employees
- Fully owned subsidiaries in USA, Canada, UK, UAE, Australia
- Three world class development centers in India at Noida, Hyderabad & Dehradun
- Best in class quality certifications: CMMi level 5, ISO 27001:2013, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018
- Technology partnerships – ESRI, Oracle, Microsoft, GE, Synchronoss
In the Beginning
In the summer of 1991, three Stanford graduates shared a common vision to create a joint-venture company based out of India, with a niche in integrated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and software solutions for risk analysis and risk management. Eleven months later – RMSI was founded in a basement space in New Delhi, with a few small offshore projects and 2 directors and 2 employees on board.
To begin with, RMSI executed several small offshore projects including digitization of hazard maps, preparation of GIS databases and development of software algorithms. Was awarded its first large multi-million dollar project by GE Capital to map complete USA flood data.
The organization re-engineered its business into two separate entities, the GIS and Software divisions.
What do we do
RMSI makes the digital and physical worlds come together through technology driven solutions
What need we serve
Businesses, governments and development agencies are increasingly facing complex challenges that necessitate convergence between physical and digital worlds
How do we do it
We integrate digital technologies, transform and manage spatial and non-spatial data, model physical resources and phenomenon, design and engineer networks, develop analytics to solve real world problems
How are we different
We deliver value by tapping into knowledge and expertise across the world, being flexible to partner with clients, scaling up to meet tight deadlines and developing innovations that transcend solutions & processes
Conduct all our business in a transparent, ethical and fair manner in compliance with laws of all the countries that we operate in
Always meet our commitments to all stakeholders – employees, clients, and partners
Step into client’s shoes to better understand their perspective and ensure client delight
Ensure respect and dignity for individuals by providing everyone an equal opportunity to grow without any discrimination or bias
Good is not enough. Always try to do better
Nurture and celebrate both entrepreneurship and innovation
Treat others just like you would like to be treated by others
RMSI’s quality programs are focused at enhancing the value created for all stakeholders: clients, partners, shareholders, employees, and vendors. Our endeavor is to make continuous improvements with demonstrable benefits in our services, products and business practices. RMSI is committed to foster an environment of trust, integrity, challenge and reward and maintaining this culture throughout the organization.
The guiding parameters of quality are:
- Knowledge Management
The processes by which RMSI transacts business comply with internationally recognized quality standards, and are also flexible in meeting the varying and changing demands of its stakeholders. RMSI’s business philosophy and values are to build, maintain and institutionalize a culture of fairness, transparency, mutual respect, togetherness, trust and ethical behavior.
By establishing & bringing into practice these policies, RMSI seeks to make quality a way of life and to be known as a company that always exceeds expectations by delivering more than promised.
Quality Assurance & Control
RMSI views quality as an integral part of each aspect of its day-to-day functioning and believes that quality can be best achieved by preventing errors throughout the project lifecycle. This is achieved by building an effective Quality Management System (QMS) that can generate quality outputs. RMSI ensures that an independent Quality Assurance (QA) division certifies all deliverables shipped to the client as final deliverables.
The QA division is responsible for the following activities:
- Involvement starting from the initial stages of the project
- Create, establish and maintain Process workflow, define, monitor and track QC steps in production process, quality assurance and certification of all deliverables
- The only shipping point for all products and deliverables
- Leverage efficient technology applied to all business processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage
Quality Management System
RMSI’s Quality Management System is a vibrant, integrated, process-driven, people-oriented and customer-focused. It is an integrated approach towards implementing quality practices of world-class benchmarking models, including ISO 9001:2015, highest level of maturity – CMMI® Level 5 for Development, ISO 27001 & ISO 14001:2015.
At RMSI we believe in continuous and consistent improvements to achieve operational and organizational excellence. Some major highlights of this system are:
- Clearly defined and institutionalized processes/procedures for project(s)’ lifecycle
- Detailed documentation including project specifications, scope, training manuals, work logs, roles and responsibility.
- Controlled change management
- Robust Configuration management to ensure integrity in projects’ workproducts
- Frequent QC loops in the production process to trap errors
- Training and retaining of staff on the project as well as process
- An open quality oriented feedback system on similar lines as Quality Circles
- An independent Quality assurance and Certification group responsible for defining projects quality objectives with clearly defined QA test plans and strategies
- Use of automation in the production process as well as for QA/QC, to minimize human errors, increase efficiency and standardization of processes and practices
- Statistical measurement of quality parameters as well as acceptance criteria
- Technical Support interface to ensure client satisfaction
- Process replication and reporting
Every QA test plan has an important section on Acceptance Criteria and Tolerances. These are defined based on:
- Client requirements (client quality standards)
- Project requirements (usage of the deliverables by the client)
- RMSI experience in similar projects
- International standard/best practices
- Acceptance criteria define the threshold levels acceptable for a product, services, output & deliverables. These could be descriptive or expressed as a percentage. RMSI strongly recommends approval of these acceptance criteria by client before start of the project or during project initiation