rqmicro AG, based in Zurich, Switzerland, develops and markets proprietary reagents and innovative instruments for rapid microbiological tests for water and food safety. The new separation and detection technology is based on immunomagnetic separation and microfluidics and delivers accurate results at an unmatched speed. Common methods in microbiology need up to 14 days to give you semi-quantitative data. A waiting time that takes time and money. rqmicro reduces this delay significantly by providing precise quantitative results. With rqmicro instruments you can quantify Legionella in water samples in 1-2 hours. rqmicro’s consumers worldwide benefit from water and food which is free from microbiological contamination.
Our vision is that consumers worldwide benefit from water and food which is free from microbiological contamination. We identified three strategic priorities required to move the state of microbiological analysis towards our vision:
- Replace manual steps with automated workflows
- Reduce process risks and variability of outcomes
- Focus on creativity rather than routine tasks
- Create trust in high-value, safety-monitored water infrastructures, food and beverage products
- Ensure water and food safety monitoring close to consumers and immediate reaction in case of contamination
- Predict test outcomes and maintenance using machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence
- Interface with smart infrastructure/IOT environments
- Implement a web-of-trust between devices for automated safety monitoring and action-taking
- Deploy blockchain technology to store and share safety-critical, validated data
Rising technologies, such as the internet of things, predictive analytics using machine learning and artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies have direct influence on the future of microbiological analysis. The synergy created by various competences of our team members allows us to develop ways to organically integrate these revolutionary technologies into rqmicro products.