Rubinetterie Utensilerie Bonom (RuB)
RuB is a manufacturer of shut-off brass valves with focus on ball valves for gas, water, air, oil installations. A family owned company that step by step has grown into the world and continues its efforts to understand market requirements and satisfy customers needs. Great emphasis is put on quality: ISO 9001 and PED compliance are guaranteed by well known organizations and many major international manufacturers rely on RuB. We offer a verified package of Q.A. services, use state of the art technology and perform two 100% seal tests on our valves. Efficiency and automation are major factors that lead RuB investments and competitiveness. Human skills and commitment to the company`s global target receive primary attention by RuB management.
Our products are designed with long life and reliability criteria and our engineering department continues to work on improvements and new solutions that include many options and accessories.
Our sales people give highest consideration to any enquiry, and are happy to receive comments or questions for special application or OEM products.
Why should you choose RuB rather than any other valve manufacturer in the market?
Because RuB's management is quality oriented,
because RuB is an organization that will always assist you,
because RuB is a focused factory,
because the size of the organization allows for flexibility, and because...
The founding company created thirteen years after the end of the Napoleonic wars, in 1828, has remained in the same family for seven generations.
Carlo Bonomi set up the original business in that year: a bronze foundry sited in the Trompia valley north of Brescia, capital of a province of the same name in eastern Lombardy, approximately half-way between Milan and Venice in northern Italy.
His son Luigi (1813-1865) continued the business and focused production more specifically on valves.
One of Luigi's four sons, Serafino (1836-1897) developed what was for that period a state of the art water powered manufacturing facility near Lumezzane, itself a centuries old manufacturing center of the Trompia valley.
Serafino's son Luigi, enlarged the product range and, during the First World War, made parts for the local Military Arsenal, contributing greatly to the Italian war effort.
Luigi was also the first person in Lumezzane to adopt mechanized production lathes and motor vehicles in his business. Luigi had three sons: Serafino, Luigi and Silvio (1902-1946).The last mentioned Silvio continued to operate the business but because of his untimely death in 1946 two of his sons, Silvio and Oreste, entered the business at the ages of 14 and 13 respectively. Only eight years later these brothers were already producing conical valves in brass.They developed sales within Italy and in the 1970's began exporting as well. A new modern plant was built about ten kilometers from Brescia in 1972 and doubled in floor space in 1992.
During the 1980's there was a significant growth thanks to steadily increasing exports and an expanding product range.
Oreste Bonomi retired in 1986 while Silvio Bonomi remained company chairman.
His son Luciano began working for the company in 1979 and now manages production as well as sales to Germany and France.
The Chairman's second son Sandro entered the company in 1983 and now manages administration and world wide sales.
Tradition and filial pride are bound to make an impression on the youngest generation of the Bonomi family.
The children of both Luciano (Sara, Serena, Silvio and Sofia) and Sandro (Benedetta, Luigi and Alessandro) will face the difficult but rewarding choice of continuing a family vocation, which has already spanned three centuries.