Safety DImensions (SDI) is a woman-owned business that was incorporated in New York in 2005 as a developer of hazardous materials decontamination, and detection systems. We have evolved into the premier chemical, biological, and fire safety supplier out of Binghamton, New York. SDI’s research staff develops and manufactures: Nanostructured sorbents for decontamination and volatile hazards. Encapsulant applications for safety. Multiple target chemical spill response kits.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Health and Safety
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Safety has physical, chemical, and biological dimensions. Safety Dimensions assists the organization with all aspects of employee and facility safety. Our staff is highly trained in these areas.
- Physical safety: Falls, extremes of heat, pressure, sound, and light, electrical current, cuts, abrasions, punctures, and impact.
- Chemical safety: Protective equipment against eye, face, hand, body, and foot contact with hazardous chemicals. Respiratory protective equipment against the inhalation of hazardous chemical vapors. Supplies and equipment for the safe cleanup of accidental chemical spills, for the prevention of fire and explosion and for extinguishing accidental fires.
- Biological safety: Protective equipment against pathogenic infection. Equipment and supplies for the cleanup of body fluids and vomit. First aid supplies and equipment for the treatment of injury and prevention of infection.
Safety & Hazmat Products – Advanced Chemical Spill Product Development
Our highly trained staff can engage in the cooperative development of absorbent and chemical cleanup products for specialized applications.
Our research staff also engages in the cooperative development of absorbent and chemical cleanup products involving special applications for:
- Binghamton University (Research, EH&S)
- State University of New York at Albany (Research, EH&S)
- Counterparts Chemistry Consultants (Environmental)
- Vapor Trail Analytic (Environmental)
- Knolls Atomic Power Lab (Naval nuclear)
- Connecticut’s Dominion Power (Electric Power)
- QinetiQ Corp. (Defense)
- SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation (Environmental & Defense)
- United States Army (Defense).
Many of SDI’s officers and staff have Ph. D. level training in chemistry or chemical physics, with expertise in biological and analytical applications, and hold memberships in several reputable organizations including: Air & Waste Management Association, American Chemical Society, American Hazardous Materials Management, Emergency Management and Homeland Security Professionals, Industrial Issues Committee, International Association of Emergency Managers, New York State Employees Health and Safety Association, Pi Alpha Alpha, and Sigma Xi.
Sensor & Decontamination, Inc. is presently a woman-owned business that was originally incorporated in New York in August of 2005 by the Innovative Technologies Development Foundation (ITDF) of Binghamton, New York. The founding purpose of the corporation was to develop hazardous materials decontamination and detection systems. The corporation formerly hosted a web-site, safety-supplies sales business, under the name SpillSorber.Com.
Presently doing business as Safety DImensions (SDI), the company has evolved into the premier chemical, biological, and fire safety supplier out of Binghamton, New York. SDI’s research staff develops and manufactures two of its product offerings, namely a specialized sorbent and a multi-target chemical spill kit (displayed on the right).
SDI’s research staff and corporate officers also engage in the cooperative development of absorbent and chemical cleanup products for specialized applications in corporations, government agencies, and universities. They have high-level training in chemistry and chemical physics, with expertise in biological and analytical applications, and hold memberships in a wide range of relevant, professional organizations.