Schenck Process Group
Schenck Process is the global market leader in solutions for measuring and process technologies in industrial weighing, feeding, conveying, screening and automation as well as air filtration technology. Schenck Process develops, manufactures and markets a large range of solutions, products, systems and components which combine process engineering expertise with proven technologies. With an unrivalled global network of operating companies we are your competent global partner.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air Filtration
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- MULTIDOS - Model LPG Series - Low Pressure Gravimetric Feeder
- MULTIDOS - Model MPG Series - Medium Pressure Gravimetric Feeder
- MULTIDOS - Model HPG Series - High Pressure Gravimetric Feeder
- MULTICOR - Model K & Multicell - Coal Dust Feeding System
- Schenck Stock - Batch Scales - Stoker Boiler Fuel Measurement
Acting locally to support your needs Schenck Process is working where you are. Schenck Process is the global market leader in solutions for measuring and process technologies in industrial weighing, feeding, conveying, screening and automation as well as air filtration technology.
Schenck Process develops, manufactures and markets a large range of solutions, products, systems and components which combine process engineering expertise with proven technologies.
With an unrivalled global network of operating companies we are your competent global partner.
Brands of the Schenck Process Group are:
- Schenck Process
- Schenck AccuRate
- Stock Equipment Company
- Stock Redler
- Stock Fairfield
- Mac Process
- Clyde Process
Harnessing the core competencies and capabilities of the Group members, the Schenck Process Group is organised along five International Business Segments (IBS).
Whether you are planning processing plants, feeding bulk solids, controlling material flow, recording commodity flow, weighing goods or automating manufacturing and transportation operations – Schenck Process is your reliable partner.
- Over 3,400 employees worldwide
- Schenck Process companies in 22 countries on all 5 continents
- Over 130 agencies
- Over 30 service bases worldwide
- 22 production facilities worldwide
- Revenue of almost 680 million Euro
World class technological leadership.
We make our customers’ processes work by being the supplier of choice for best-in-class solutions throughout the process industries.
Inspiring Our Customers
- We do all we can to optimise processes and results for our customers.
- We provide our customers with support where they need it most – on site.
- We produce customer-focused solutions and assume responsibility for the entire life cycle of our products.
- We value every one of our employees and help them develop their careers.
- We attach great importance to the diversity of our staff as this is crucial to our own future success.
- We are committed to our staff whose safety is our number one priority in everything we do.
- We are proud of our independence which is secured by ongoing, profitable growth.
- We develop low-resource solutions and combine ecological interests with financial ones.
- We are committed to responsible, value-based management following our corporate standards and guidelines.
Shaping the Future
- We are synonymous with technological market leadership, innovations and outstanding quality.
- We produce technologies which combine the know-how of the future with a corporate history spanning more than 125 years.
- We secure long-term growth, as a global company, through a presence in all key markets.
No Harm to Humans or The Environment
- We endeavour to satisfy all legal safety requirements at all our sites and to protect our employees and the employees of our business partners from harm.
- We provide our employees with a place to work where all applicable health and safety standards are adhered to and all legal requirements met.
- We obtain all necessary regulatory approvals before commencing work at our sites.
- We help to protect the environment by providing a variety of product solutions that either replace or reduce the amount of natural resources needed by industry.
No Conflicts of Interest
- We make our decisions based on professional and objective criteria.
- We endeavour to make the reasons behind our decisions transparent.
- We reach business decisions in the interests of the company, not on the basis of the personal gain of individual managers or employees.
- Managers and employees of Schenck Process are responsible for creating and maintaining a working environment based not on origin, religion, gender, age, political beliefs, union commitments, race or sexual orientation, but rather based only on objective and un-biased criteria.
- Credibility, fairness and respect in our dealings with each other, and when dealing with external business partners, are vital to us.
No Violation of Export Laws
- We accept that there are certain business partners we cannot do business with.
- Schenck Process has a sophisticated system of checks and controls to ensure compliance with all applicable export control laws.
- If we cannot determine a transaction’s compliance with applicable export laws, we turn down the transaction.
No Unauthorised Donations
- We do not do business through bribery, but rather by means of the objective benefits of the products that we offer to our customers. Managers and employees of Schenck Process do not accept bribes either directly or indirectly, nor do they give them to others.
- If we cannot win business contracts under this strict principle, then we accept the outcome.
No Damaging Behaviour to Free and Fair Competition
- We value and support free and fair competition, and will not harm competition by colluding on prices, allocating markets or any other illicit action.
- We avoid any situation where even a semblance of anti-competitive behaviour may occur.
In 1881, mechanical engineer Carl Schenck established an iron foundry and weighing machine factory in Darmstadt, Germany. In 1894 the business became a limited company (GmbH), and his son-in-law Dr. Georg Büchner and his nephew, engineer Emil Schenck, joined him as partners.
The company designed its first innovation, the registration device - a card printer for the steelyard balance that shows an easy-to-read weight. It was patented in 1887.
The next patented invention followed soon after in 1891: the automatic steelyard balance for narrow-gauge and suspension track vehicles. It won the gold medal at the World's Fair in Paris in 1900 and in the space of a few years made the company's name overseas.
In 1900, Carl Schenck became the chairman of the first supervisory board.
The first weighfeeders began to be built in 1930. The growing pace of industrialisation offered enormous possibilities, and the company began supplying batch scales for concrete mixing plants and roadmaking material, rail car body weighing equipment for express trains, and the first illuminated dial balances. In 1931 these were equipped with a numerical printer which would later be approved for calibration.
The first rail and road vehicle scales to be produced without the standard load relief facility were introduced in 1933.
In the 1950s, the company also began to grow through acquisitions. From an early stage - as early as 1960 - the company chose to focus on the modern trend of electronic weighing systems.
The 1970s were a time of international development and expansion. Finally, Carl Schenck Maschinenfabrik GmbH was transformed into Carl Schenck AG, making it a public limited company. In 1984 the company was listed on the stock exchange.
After taking over AccuRate Inc. in the USA, the company adopted a new structure based on business segments. This signalled the beginning of Schenck Process as an autonomous company.
In 2000, Dürr AG acquired a majority holding in Carl Schenck AG and in 2004 the remaining shares were acquired through a squeeze-out.
In 2005 the company was spun off from the former Carl Schenck AG through a management buyout, and since then Schenck Process GmbH has been an independent company.
The company has grown significantly thanks to various takeovers and almost tripled its sales within a few years. This consistent growth strategy won the company the 'Strategy Award for Mechanical Engineering Companies 2007', which was promoted by the consultancy firm Oliver Wyman and the business journal 'Produktion'.
Today, with over 3200 employees and a turnover of around €600 million, Schenck Process is one of the world's technology and market leaders in applied measuring technology. At 33 Locations in 22 countries on all five continents, it develops innovative solutions for weighing, feeding and vibration technology processes, high-tech systems and components for weighing, feeding, vibration conveying and screening. This intelligent measuring technology is used in industries such as cement, steel, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food and transport.
In terms of quality, there can be no compromises. If you leave quality issues until you have to respond to demands, you will have no time to touch things up.
Schenck Process takes a different approach. We bring the future to the here and now. With products, services and developments which also satisfy future requirements. Today. And this how we have always worked.
It isn't a contradiction. It's the philosophy the company uses to always keep one step ahead in terms of quality.
For more than a century we have been renowned for our high-quality and long-lasting products offering outstanding value for money. But this is just one side of the quality standard we practise. Perfect service, integrated management, efficient organisation, perfectly harmonised processes and flexible responses to changes on the market and customer requirements round off our quality promises.
We make it our number one goal not only to satisfy customer requirements and requests but to exceed them. For example, we use an integrated management system to ensure that we are always taking note of customers' needs and requirements and planning and implementing them in all areas of the company. If possible, we do this before we are obliged to take action.
The organisational structure and management system deployed by Schenck Process is being constantly checked to ensure process and product quality. Alongside regular internal audits, we task well-known companies with conducting external audits for us. This all guarantees fantastic support from perfectly trained experts and that a product quality that is second to none. In more specific terms, we firstly check the compliance of processes with our documentation and secondly we develop offers to give our customers considerable added value. This allows to us raise quality levels and cut delivery and response times, which also form part of the service that is intrinsically tied to our product quality standards and are verified by a series of external certificates.
Your safety and that of our staff is our number one priority. We believe it is crucial that we provide you with important information about your visit to our assembly halls before you arrive.
We would ask you to read the following safety notices to familiarise yourself with our safety precautions.
We will provide you with a safety jacket, that clearly identifies you as a visitor for your visit to our assembly hall, before you enter the assembly areas.
Should you deviate from the prescribed route, for example to perform acceptance of our products, you will have to wear safety boots. If overhead work is being performed, for example in vibratory equipment assembly, hard hats will also have to be worn.
We will of course provide you with this protective equipment when you enter the final assembly area. Please feel free to bring your own safety boots or head protection if you prefer.
Thank you for taking the time to read these safety notices. We wish you a pleasant journey and look forward to your visit.