Schlumberger is the world`s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry`s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Oil, Gas & Refineries
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the center of who we are. For more than 80 years, we have focused on leveraging these assets to deliver solutions that improve customer performance.
Today, our real-time technology services and solutions enable customers to translate acquired data into useful information, then transform this information into knowledge for improved decision making-anytime, anywhere. Harnessing information technology in this way offers enormous opportunities to enhance efficiency and productivity. This is a quantum leap from providing traditional 'just-in-case' information to delivering 'just-in-time' knowledge that meets the changing needs of our customers.
Reflecting our belief that diversity spurs creativity, collaboration, and understanding of customers' needs, we employ more than 100,000 people representing over 140 nationalities and working in more than 85 countries. Our employees are committed to working with our customers to create the highest level of added value. Knowledge communities and special interest groups with our organization enable teamwork and knowledge sharing unencumbered by geographic boundaries.
The Schlumberger Blue Print in Action—Our Code of Conduct applies to all Schlumberger directors, officers, and employees of the company. It is designed to help each employee handle business situations professionally and fairly. It explains how our actions reflect on the company and how the company is therefore the sum of our actions. The Blue Print in Action reinforces the Blue Print – Our Identity, which summarizes our purpose, ambitions, values and the mindset we need to succeed.
The Schlumberger Blue Print in Action—Our Code of Conduct is reviewed periodically and amended as appropriate.
Notice Regarding Updated Schlumberger Blue Print in Action—Our Code of Conduct
As of April 2013, we are changing and improving upon our 2008 “Code of Ethics” with the following major revisions:
Introduced two companion documents:
- The Schlumberger Blue Print – Our Identity defines us as a company and outlines Our Purpose, Ambitions, Values and Mindset. This document is designed to assist employees in understanding and applying these elements in order for Schlumberger to continue its success in today’s increasingly complex and competitive oil and gas industry.
- The Schlumberger Blue Print in Action – Our Code of Conduct replaces the existing Code of Ethics and reinforces the understanding of the Blue Print – Our Identity. The Code of Conduct is a practical guide to the behavior required of all Schlumberger employees as we go about our daily lives.
Together these documents help employees to live up to the superior standards that have made Schlumberger the world’s leading oilfield services company.
The Schlumberger Blue Print in Action – Our Code Conduct includes the following improvements over the 2008 Code of Ethics:
- Revised anticorruption language to address U.K. Bribery Act requirements:
- Zero tolerance for corruption
- Seek to avoid facilitation payments, making them only in very limited
circumstances, such as when health or safety is at risk
- Embedded stand-alone internal policies within the Code of Conduct
- Reinforced reporting and retaliation messaging
- Included helpful learning aids such as “In Briefs” and “Q&As”
In 1927 Schlumberger was founded by the two brothers who invented wireline logging as a technique for obtaining downhole data in oil and gas wells. Today Schlumberger continues to build on the industry's longest track record for providing leading edge E&P technology to develop new advancements from reservoir to surface. Since its founding, the company has consistently invested significant time and money on research and development as a long-term strategy to support and grow our technology leadership. Short-term business cycles do not affect our commitment.
Schlumberger places strong emphasis on developing innovative technology that adds value for our customers. Schlumberger consistently invests more in R&E each year than all other oilfield services companies.