Since 1985, Sensaphone® has designed and built its full line of innovative remote environmental monitoring systems and early detection products in Aston, Pennsylvania that quickly and effectively provide alerts to problems at your facilities. Over 400,000 systems are in use today around the world with the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Monitoring
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Sensaphone was founded by Ken Blanchard in 1985. Ken graduated from the Pennsylvania Military College, now known as Widener University. Before going out into the business world, Ken served as a commander in the US Army over in Korea. In the early 1980's, Ken was the General Manager of the Advanced Development and Engineering Center at the Gulf+Western conglomerate. This is where the original Sensaphone product was born directly from Ken's vision. Negotiating multi-million dollar contracts was Ken's specialty, and that enabled him to bring the first generation Sensaphone product into places like Radio Shack, Heathkit, and many others. After realizing the potential of the remote monitoring concept, Ken purchased the product line from Gulf+Western to create the Sensaphone business. Originally going by the name of Phonetics, Inc. in May of 1985, Ken initiated the launch of more commercial versions of the Sensaphone line of Remote Monitoring Solutions.
Today, more than 400,000 Sensaphone systems have been installed around the world, and several patents have been filed for various products. Sensaphone maintains its leadership role in the remote monitoring market, and is one of the few electronics companies still manufacturing in the United States.
On Thursday, January 10, 2013, we lost our dear friend and company founder, Ken Blanchard. We at Sensaphone are all grateful to have worked for him and we all miss Ken dearly. His Sensaphone company will continue onward and upward to preserve his legacy and advance our technology innovations even further.
- No monthly fees on most products, unlike typical security systems that require ongoing expenses
- Reads real sensor values for temperature, humidity, water, etc., not simple 'on/off' switches
- Includes battery backup so your system continues to work when the power goes out
- Custom notifications instantly alert you via phone, e-mail, text message, fax, or SNMP
- Communicates using phone lines, Ethernet, cellular, or satellite
- Remote access to critical information and to make changes quickly and easily
- Direct communications on most products, no dependency on computers, servers, or a central service
- Diverse applications, from data centers to pharmaceuticals to oil and natural gas wells
- Simple setup and programming, no complicated codes or commands
- All products are manufactured, serviced, and supported in the United States