SERS offer an industry first whole life solution for the installation of external wall insulation. Established in 1990 as an external wall insulation (EWI) and render company based in South Wales, SERS has grown and developed into a national specialist (offices in England, Scotland and Wales) in the design, supply and installation of EWI and façade solutions. We also offer a substantial repair solution for installs completed by other contractors, and a maintenance solution for installs completed by ourselves. Extensive technical knowledge on solid walled and non-traditional archetypes makes us the leaders that we are today. We also provide a comprehensive failed cavity and cavity extraction solution. With years of experience in the social housing sector, SERS have worked on thousands of homes across the country as both main contractor and preferred sub-contractor.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We pride ourselves in having a vast knowledge of experience in both management and personnel to offer our clients, from a single house owner through to some of the largest social housing providers within the UK, a totally customer focused experience with the mission to ensure value, quality and reliability: consistently.
Our Strategy is managed by our Management team which encompasses all aspects of supporting people. This includes: Performance and talent management, Equality and Diversity ,Health and Safety and Welfare, Community Liaison, Investment and Customer Experience, Training, Innovation and best practice of its operations.
The core principles of our business is embedded throughout our culture. These principals are based on the Pyramid.
Being a successful business means that we will never compromise our values:
- Management Responsibility at all times
- Our employees come first
- Health safety and welfare of all
- Adding value through environmental management
- Investing in our communities
- Respect for people
- Keeping IT practices simple
- Being flexible
- Innovation, openness and honesty
- Training for the future
- Maintaining and improving our supply chain relationships
We believe that SERS can play a powerful role in tackling climate change, and we are determined to play our part.
Our business has been specialising in External Wall Insulation since 1990. The work we carry out has been effective in reducing carbon emissions in the built environment.
For every home or building we insulate it can help reduce carbon emissions by upto 40%
This year alone we be working on 3000+ homes across the UK, saving circa 1 million tonnes of carbon.
As part of our own Corporate Responsibility targets we have also installed External Wall Insulation and Solar PV on our head office.
- Last Year we gained ISO 14001 accreditation and as part of this we have implemented a process to recycle the following:
- Aluminium and copper
- IT Equipment and Mobile Phones
- Printer cartridges
- On all of our sites across the UK we implement Site Waste and Environment Action plans which is specific to the areas we work in.
In every area we operate in, we work with local communities to provide jobs, services and support local causes.
We are committed to being a good neighbour and all of our sites are registered on the Considerate Constructors scheme.
We will employ locally and where possible use local suppliers to our sites.
Getting Unemployed back to work
We work in partnership with local organisations and with them help long term unemployed people back into the workplace. We offer local based placements and a mentor to support them into a permanent job.
We will always buy and sell our products in a responsible way.
We have high expectations of our suppliers and we aim to:
- Build strong relationships with our suppliers
- Get the best value for our customers
- Give our customers confidence that we maintain good conditions throughout our supply chain
- All of our suppliers must meet the criteria of our procurement selection process. We continually review this and measure performance project by project.
- We ensure that our customers know that everything we procure is manufactured under decent conditions and every partner is treated respectfully and fairly.
- We are committed to this not just because it is the right thing to do, but also because it is in our business interest. It ensures that our performance standards are met and helps us to improve the sustainability of our supply chain through our long term relationship.
SERS operate a unique web based material and plant hire management system called Procost. This allows the company to manage all of our materials against predefined volumes.
As all of our materials are purchased via the Procost system we are able to track and control all materials used by the company for a particular project. This has helped to reduce wastage on our sites, control costs and track progress of deliveries to supply single or multiple sites.
People feel more committed when they know they can grow with the company, helping us to retain a loyal and skilled workforce.
Equality and DiversityWe live this value by ensuring that everyone feels welcome and that everyone has an opportunity to get on.
We want everyone to feel welcome at SERS, regardless of age, sex, disability, ethnic origin, religious belief or sexual orientation.
CommunicationWe want our employees to feel part of our business and seek their views on issues that affect them. We communicate with them regularly through team meetings, face to face briefings, toolbox talks, forums, publications and our intranet.
Looking after our staff and customers by making sure they have a safe place to work and live is vital for us.
To ensure that we are leading from the top our Managing Director, is the designated Director of Health and Safety.
Health and Safety features as the first item of all of our senior management meetings. Specifically our Health and Safety core group meet once a month and coordinate our strategy and actions.
We manage the success of our health and safety through independent audits on all of our sites and operational bases. The results are collated and updated recording our health and safety performance on a monthly basis.