SewaTOR by Soldo Cavitators
SewaTOR is a brand of Soldo Cavitators a division of THREE ES SRL, a specialized leader in development, production and marketing of new, innovative and value-added technologies. For over 20 years Soldo Cavitators has developed an international innovative patent for the control of the physical phenomenon of cavitation. SewaTOR is the specialized technology that applies controlled cavitation for waste water’s pretreatment: plants simplification, times process optimization and reduction in management costs.
The fast increament in population requires ever greater WWTP’s production efficiency in compliance with increasingly stringent environmental regulations. SewaTOR® adds significant help to the biological process and a reduction in time and costs thanks to the break of the flocculated structure and the cells. In this way, a significant increase in efficiency and production optimization of the process and of WWTP is determined.
When cavitation bubbles implodes they release a very high phisical energy, named shockwaves, that are trasmessed directly in the sludge disgregating, homogenizing and instant liquefing it. SewaTOR takes advantage on the physical phenomenon of controlled cavitation to maximize the efficiency of the biological oxidation and anaerobic digestion processes and obtain an important reduction of the sludge to be disposed of and of the voluminous foams.
What's SewaTOR used for?
- It optimizes management costs, reduces sludge to be disposed of and voluminous foams.
- It maximizes the yield of biological oxidation and anaerobic digestion and reduces the retention time.
- It permanently improves the viscosity and reduces mixing consumption.
ADVANTAGES FOR PLANT'S MANUFACTURERS (OEM):
With SewaTOR it is possible to design more compact, flexibel and competitive plants:
- Compact: Reduction in tank's volume: SewaTOR® increases yield.
- Flexible: Reduction of mixers number and of installed power of the recirculations: SewaTOR® reduces the viscosity and sedimentation of the sludge.
- Competitive:When the plant's size and the powers of the installed users are reducted, it's possible optimize the project's costs: SewaTOR® significantly improves the efficiency of the process.
ADVANTAGES FOR PLANT'S OWNERS/MANAGERS (FINAL USERS):
With SewaTOR it is possible to optimize costs, increase yield and maximize plant's management:
- Optimize costs: Reduction of the volume of sludge to be disposed of and of the voluminous foams: SewaTOR® effectively breaks down all organic particles.
- Increase the yield: Reduction of retention times: SewaTOR® maximizes the efficiency of the digestion and oxidation processes.
- Maximize the plant management: Reduction of sludge's viscosity. SewaTOR® optimizes the mixers and recirculation systems consumption.
ADVANTAGES OF THE TECHNOLOGY:
- Physical and non-mechanical energy:The shock waves generated by cavitation are transmitted directly into the fluid, without the intermediation of mechanical means.
- Easy installation: in Batch/Semi-Batch/In continuos, easily integrated into existing plants.
- Minimum maintenance: Controlled cavitation generates no wear, so maintenance is reduced to a minimum.
SewaTOR with his compact and effective design can be installed in all the treatment line of a WWTP, both water line and sewage line.
The main installations are explained in the diagram at the left:
01. IN RECIRCULATION ON DIGESTER
Defragments and solubilize the organic sludge received in the digester, increasing homogeneity, and reducing viscosity. Cavitation acts by destroying bacterial cell walls and membranes resulting in a release of intracellular and extracellular matter, resulting in acceleration of the digestion processes. This significantly augments the efficiency of the digester, decreasing the processing time, producing a much higher yield of biogas and a lower amount of stabilised sludge to be disposed off.
02. IN LOADING FROM THICKENER TO DIGESTER
The thickened activated sludge can be treated by SewaTOR® leading to a strong reduction of sludge viscosity entering the digester. SewaTOR improves the sludge rheology, resulting in superior pumpability and a decrease of the pumping cost and plant energy consumption.
03. IN RECIRCULATION FROM THICKENER TO BIOLOGICAL OXIDATION TANK
Recirculating from the oxidation tank to maintain a constant level of bacteria. Its bulky filamentous structure will be disaggregated resulting in a reduction of the oxidation time, the improvement of nitrification alongside a lower energy consumption of sedimentation process mixers. Moreover, there is a minimisation of the foaming problems common during secondary treatment. Cavitation formed free radicals significantly contribute to the full elimination of pollutants and toxic chemicals during the oxidation period.
04. IN RECIRCULATION FROM SEDIMENTATION TANK TO OXIDATION TANK
Activated sludges can be recirculated directly from the secondary sedimentation tank. The positive effects produced by SewaTOR® are equivalent to those obtained in location 3.
05. IN RECIRCULATION FROM SEPARATOR TO DIGESTER
Part or all the dewatered sludge ready for disposal can be recirculated to the digester. SewaTOR makes possible its pumpability and prevents this compact and dehydrated material from reducing the efficiency and processing time of the digester. The dry matter content of the dewatered sludge can reach 30%. Moreover, with this application the organic fraction of the digestate sludge can be 100% converted, zeroing the residual sludge to dispose of and resetting the volume of organic sludge in the digester.
06. IN THE TERTIARY TREATMENT TO ELIMINATE PATHOGENS
Sterilization Germs and virus can be fully removed by processing the discharged water with SewaTOR® reaching a controlled temperature of 70º C.
07. IN THE TERTIARY TREATMENT WITH INTEGRATION OF UV-C AND O3
SewaTOR® with also the integration of UV-C and/or O3, can eliminate these pathogens, avoiding the use of harmful chemicals.
SewaTOR is the innovative patented controlled cavitation technology unique in the world, internationally patented with over 20 years of consolidated application. It has obtained the certifications of the best process quality standards in the global market. SewaTOR® has been designed to work continuously and meet the quality standards of all manufacturers and users of WWTP in the world. SewaTOR® can be supplied as a component to be integrated on the plant or on a skid / container with pump, electrical panel, PLC and sensors
- Controlled cavitation without maintenances
- Transfer of physical energy and not mechanical energy
- Treatment efficiency in a single passage
- Models for every type of plant and flow (flow rates from 0,5 to 1000 m3/h)
- Capacity to treat sludges with high solid content concentration (DM over 30%)
- Viscosity reduction over 80% less.
- Plug & Play Design can be integrated in any existing project and plant
- Possibility to adjust the pretreatment's intensity according to the goal
- Optimization of the existing process and simplification of the plants