Simmons & Simmons
Simmons & Simmons is a leading international law firm. Our worldwide headquarters are in London, where we were established over a century ago. We have many clients, many with famous names. They include governments, listed companies, public and international bodies and private individuals. Since its establishment as a distinct practice area in 1990, the Environmental Law practice has developed an unrivalled reputation. Simmons & Simmons has been acknowledged by major legal directories as the leading London law firm for environmental law advice for the past six years.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
As a leading international law firm, we recognise our responsibilities to our clients, members of the firm, suppliers and the wider communities in which we live and work. This includes our responsibility to reduce our environmental impact.
Led by Colin Passmore, our senior partner, our corporate responsibility (CR) commitment aims to ensure that all the good initiatives underway around the firm are brought together, providing focus, clarity and direction. We want to continue to strengthen the overall approach and contribution of Simmons & Simmons to CR.
Our CR Review
Our CR achievements and the progress we are making are recorded in our annual corporate responsibility reviews.
The firm became a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact on 09 August 2011. We fully support the UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption and are committed to building the principles into our policies, operations and culture. Since 2012, we have reported our progress in our CR Review.
Our CR Strategy
Our strategy focuses on four themes: governance; addressing social exclusion; providing a challenging and supportive working environment; and environmental sustainability. We demonstrate our commitment to our stakeholders by:
- providing legal services according to the highest ethical and professional standards
- integrating diversity into all of our activities and creating an inclusive environment in which all can fulfil their potential
- operating from day to day in an environmentally and socially responsible way, for example, by minimising material use and recycling where cost effective and appropriate
- engaging in pro bono programmes where our lawyers provide legal advice on a free or discounted basis to charities and those in need
- aiming to support and strengthen local communities, for example, through various school mentoring schemes actively promoting and participating in payroll giving and donations through the Simmons & Simmons Charitable Foundation
- promoting the advancement of and participation in the arts and cultural life, for example, through our recognised contemporary art collection