Smithers Quality Assessments (SQA) is a quality, environmental and safety management systems auditor and certification body. We serve large, medium and small organizations in North America and Europe across industrial, commercial service and government business sectors. Thousands of companies have trusted SQA with their quality and environmental audits. Earn your certification with one of our dedicated auditors today! Smithers Quality Assessments offers OHSMS certification to manufacturers and service providers worldwide.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Smithers Quality Assessments (SQA), founded in 1993, is a quality, environmental and safety management systems auditor and certification body. We serve large, medium and small organizations in North America and Europe across industrial, commercial service and government business sectors. Learn about each of the markets we serve here.
- ISO 9001
- AS 9100
- ISO 14001
- ISO 13485
- ISO/TS 16949
- ISO 18001
- 1st Party Internal Audits
- Gap Analysis
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- GLP (Good Laboratory Practices)
- 2nd Party Supplier or Special Audits
You know what you are getting.
We have a “No Surprises” policy that reduces the uncertainty and stress normally associated with standard assessments.
We help make the complicated straightforward.
We provide easy-to-follow worksheets and materials so we can get to know your business and help you thoroughly prepare.
You stay in the loop.
We support open and frequent communication. We welcome your feedback and discussion in an objective manner.
Only the best will do.
Our pool of highly experienced and pre-screened auditors must pass an industry competency test, which many other certification companies do not require. This ensures you have the most knowledgeable auditors working to help you with your certification process.
We foster your success.
Our well-defined process, including a closing meeting where findings and recommendations are discussed, is designed to help you with your certification as well as facilitate ongoing surveillance and maintenance of your certification.
SQA is accredited by the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB), the accreditation body based in the United States. We also are approved by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF). Contact us at 1-866-688-0134 to discuss how we can help you with your certification needs.
The Smithers Group began in 1925 as an impartial testing ground for an infant tire industry starting to thrive in and around Akron, Ohio. Over the years, the Smithers Group has evolved into several leading technology-based businesses, including SQA, serving an international clientele.
SQA’s company mission dictates a unique, defined decision-making process that combines ethical standards with an acute awareness of how each decision affects our customers and our employees. This business philosophy has led to the following milestones and achievements:
- In 1993, SQA was incorporated in Ohio and accredited to certify companies to the ISO 9000 series of quality management system standards.
- In 1995, SQA was one of the first nine auditors accredited for QS-9000, the American automotive quality system standard.
- In 1997, SQA was accredited by the United States-based ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB).
- In 1998, SQA was selected to participate in the pilot program for the new international automotive quality management system, ISO/TS 16949.
- In 1999, SQA expanded its scope by becoming accredited for the ISO 14000 environmental management system standard.
- In 2000, SQA achieved accreditation for AS9000 (now AS9100), the aircraft and aerospace sector quality management system standard. SQA also became approved by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF). SQA is especially proud of the fact that in early In October 2000, the company became one of only four registrars (at that time) in the United States that was fully approved by the IATF to grant certifications to this new standard.