SOLTUB is a Hungarian consulting and research SME operating in the area of sustainable production and consumption. The company help its partners to convert their sustainability issues into opportunities, in reaching the balance between the environmental –economic and social aspects.
SOLTUB provides services tailored to the clients specific needs focusing on:
- developing carbon footprint schemes for products/ services and organisations,
- reviewing the carbon footprint schemes,
SOLTUB helps you to identify your major input sources in the system e.g. raw material procurement, energy consumption, transport and the outputs e.g. carbon emissions and in choosing the scope of accounting and reporting. For the assessment of the carbon footprint (CF) for products/services we use the Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and the available primary and/or secondary data according to the requirements of the internationally accepted standards as the GHG Protocol and PAS 2050:2008. Determining the carbon footprint companies and institutions has the opportunity to formulate their carbon management strategies.
The carbon footprint helps to:
- reduce energy and production costs,
- identify opportunities for carbon emission reduction,
- select low carbon products/services,
- participate in the green market and
- comply with different agreements and legislation e.g the EU Communication to the Commission: A Roadmap for moving to a competitive low carbon economy in 2050, COM(2011) 112 final