Sonoma Technology, Inc.
Sonoma Technology is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm. Headquartered in Petaluma, California, STI is a certified small business with more than 60 technical and support staff members. We have been a Sonoma County Certified Green Business since 2010. For over three decades we`ve delivered innovative science and technology solutions to meet our clients’ environmental challenges worldwide.
Providing innovative environmental solutions for 35 years.
We design and implement environmental solutions tailored to fit the needs of each client.
We find objective solutions for a wide range of government, private industry, tribal, legal, and university clients.
We provide environmental services to clients around the world.
We develop, manage, and enhance customized software tools and applications for clients across the environmental spectrum.
- To maintain technical excellence and an outstanding reputation.
- To attract high-level, highly productive staff with a supportive, bureaucracy-free, rewarding environment.
- To operate at the forefront of science and technology.
- To always perform sound science and engineering.
- To maintain a high level of technical respect and visibility through publications and technical meetings.
- To develop complementary, synergistic teams with the highest level of technical expertise.
- To encourage contacts and joint projects with universities and other groups with complementary expertise.
- To take personal responsibility for quality.
- To ensure that our work is ethical, honest, objective, innovative, understandable, and practical.
- To ensure that our clients understand our work and its implications and that our work is used ethically and effectively.
- To be respectful of our clients and staff.
- To understand and be responsive to our clients' needs.
- To perform projects within our clients’ time-scale and budget.
- To clearly convey our results in a way that is useful to our clients.
- To provide high-quality, useful, and practical products and services.
- To listen, act, and deliver.
- To develop a diverse technological base with focused expertise in a range of complementary disciplines.
- To identify future market needs and to develop or seek out the people and technologies to address those needs.
- To leverage research and development projects to generate new products and services.
- To focus on market areas where we have something unique to offer.
- To provide a congenial, nurturing, and appreciative community.
- To keep STI flexible and minimize bureaucracy.
- To have an open decision-making process.
- To recognize and reward business and scientific achievements.
- To provide growth paths for career advancement.
- To foster teamwork and communication throughout the company.
- To provide a stable work environment, competitive salaries, and as much financial security as possible for our staff.
- To provide adequate support services for our technical staff.
- To be an asset to the community.
- To remain employee owned and directed.
- To be fiscally conservative and fiscally responsible.
- To have employees have a financial interest in the success of the company.
- To maintain a fair and competitive rate structure.
- To be cost effective.
- To have project managers understand STI finances and be responsible for the profitability of the business.
- To continually invest in new business, hiring, and staff-development opportunities.
- To have a strategy for long-term ownership and leadership transition.
- To maintain a mix of research, development, services, and products that provides stability and maintains profitability and cash flow.