Sorepla Industrie was created in 1991 through an individual initiative, backed by the former BSN group (now DANONE group). The company started its activity on without real prospects or a business plan. Its first attempts for the recycling of mixed plastics failed and were abandoned before its reorientation towards HDPE was considered. These required heavy investments, raw material resources which were unreliable as well as results from the cold wash process were inconclusive at the time for industrial users. The industrial tool was adapted to the new material and the hot wash process then gave the results expected by all manufacturers of premium fiber (Hygiene) and packaging. The largest beverage producers have chosen to incorporate a significant percentage of RPET (recycled PET) in the manufacture of bottles. The needs are enormous and now impossible to meet as the demand is high.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
Under pressure from VALORPLAST (ECO-EMBALLAGE), the original founder, whose cash and resources were limited, was forced to open his capital in 1998 and sell his shares, to an American company «Environmental Products Company» - ENVIPCO.
The launch in 2001 of PET for use in the packaging industry for mineral water is the cornerstone of the development of SOREPLA INDUSTRIE situated near a major mineral water producer.
Facing this new situation, Sorepla Industrie has decided to develop its product range to the decontaminated RPET (recycled PET) and to acquire the necessary equipment to meet the needs of this new market.
Sorepla Industrie is recognized by the market as
- One of the largest recyclers in Europe (1991): Effect of experience
- Working with leaders in the fiber and the package industries : Effect of Quality
- ISO 9002 (Version 2008)
- ISO 14001 (Version 2004)
Effect of size and economies of scale, enhanced by low transportation costs in upstream and downstream
- Technical skills and technological expertise
- Strong experience in the field of PET recycling
- Promising market growth in food contact
- Strong growth of a diverse clientele
- Sorepla success is based on:
- The quality range of products
- Competitive pricing
- A corporate culture dedicated to customer satisfaction
- Flakes for the fiber industry and non-food packaging
- Decontaminated Flakes for food contact (BÜHLER Technology)
- Decontaminated pellets for food contact:
- Technologie EREMA & BÜHLER (IV 0.80)
- Hot washed Flakes for extrusion and injection
- Development of decontaminated pellets for extrusion, blowing and injection