SPIG is a global turn-key Cooling Systems supplier. Since its establishment, the Company has been providing the customers with an increasingly extensive range of high quality Cooling Towers Air Cooled Condenser and related Services. Since its inception thousands of tailor made Cooling Systems have been installed thanks to the core competence of interdisciplinary Engineers, technicians and draftsmen coupled with the most up to date programs. SPIG uses the most advanced design programs backed by the latest engineering technologies to provide customers with the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to their heat transfer requirements.
The worldwide operations are carried out by SPIG S.p.A., headquartered in Arona, on the Lago Maggiore, (Italy), and eight subsidiaries. The Group’s local offices are strategically located in U.S.A., Brasil, Germany, Russian Federation, Turkey, U.A.E and India. The international presence has been enhanced also thanks to an efficient worldwide agents’ network.
Two warehouses based in Cormano (Varese) and Besnate (Milano) and the production sites located in Itatiba (Brasil) and Baroda (India) complete the company’s facility.
At SPIG’s, a dedicated and multi disciplined team is committed to studying, engineering, designing, manufacturing, installing and commissioning a wide range of Cooling Towers, Air Cooled Condensers and Global Services.
Specific solutions, related to noise emission and vibration control, plume abatement, seismic vibration, have been implemented, to respond to clients’ special requirements.
SPIG is able to supply all its products and services on an individual basis or as part of a turn-key project.
Where requested, following completion of the installation, SPIG provides operations support, train maintenance staff and supply spare parts.
SPIG Cooling Towers have been installed all over the world, primarily in Italy, Europe, U.S.A., South America, the Middle East and Asia. Today a large percentage of the Company’s products are installed outside Europe, providing further evidence of the Company’s excellent reputation overseas.
These installations cover a diverse array of applications including thermal power plants, petroleum refineries, petrochemical industry, steel works, sugar refineries, food industry, district cooling etc.
SPIG is proud to have a clientele that includes “world class” corporations. Moreover, the Company seeks to maintain the very close business relationships that it has established with many of the top EPC contractors.
The SPIG brand name ( which stands for Società per Impianti Generali ) was launched on the Cooling Market in 1936, by Eng. Fernando Bonati and Eng. Agar Sorbatti, (one of the first ten women engineers in Italy) to design, build and commission cooling systems and cooling towers.
In those years many process industries in Italy, were realized next to coastal areas or lakes and rivers. In fact, they did not use Cooling Towers as it was more economic cooling by using the natural water resource. In the sixties, when restrictions about the water usage and discharge came with the new legislation, SPIG as a pioneer company, had developed already its expertise and technology.
- In 1997, the Company originally located in Milano, moved to a new headquarters in Arona close to Lago Maggiore.
- Since 2004 SPIG has undertaken an internationalization process through the establishment of eight subsidiaries based in U.S.A., Brasil, Germany, Romania, Turkey, Russian Federation, U.A.E., India and two production facilities in Brasil and in India.
- In 2005, the family’s founders fourth generation joined the Company playing an active role.
- In 2010, an agreement between SPIG and Ambienta SGR, Europe's largest private equity fund specialised in the envirnmental sector, let this last to acquire a minority stake of SPIG. The original family owner will continue running the Company.
Over the years the company’s business has evolved considerably and nowadays SPIG ranks among the leading worldwide players.
- SPIG is committed to be a global player exceeding the customers’ expectations, by providing value-added Cooling Systems. Spig aims to actively promote energy optimization, carbon footprint reduction, water and power saving by using its advanced technology and patented components that have been proven and tested in worldwide projects.
The Company has grown considerably thanks to a dynamic team, who has been instrumental in turning Spig into a world leader.
- To be a reliable, internationally recognized Cooling Technology provider, supplying customers with enhanced, environmentally sound technology.