Steinstosser Qualitätswerkzeuge GmbH & Co. KG
Gebr. Schmachtenberg, a global market leader for scrap shear blades and hammer pins in Cologne, Germany is incorporated by Fritz Jul. Buchholz. We are one of europe’s leading manufacturers of machine knives and wear parts.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Manufacturing, Other
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
SINCE 1904 are our products used across different industries. Today, they cut, shear, grind and densify just about anything.
Learn more about our products and services for your application area here:
Patrick and Alexander Buchholz resume as directors. Steinstosser is now managed by family members in forth generation.
- 2004 Steinstosser celebrates 100th anniversary.
- 2002 Fritz Jul. Buchholz uses the first robotized automation in production.
- 1994 Steinstosser moves into new premises with new production and business space.
- 1992 Fritz Jul. Buchholz starts with the production of large shredder panes for rotor shears.
- 1982 The corporation expands, for instance with the first CNC machining center. Business focus now lies in the production of knives for the recycling industry.
- 1968 Hans and Peter Buchholz resume as directors. Steinstosser is now managed by family members in third generation.
- 1954 Fritz Jul. Buchholz celebrates 50th anniversary.
- 1934 The founder’s son Karl Buchholz joins the firm.
- 1932 Fritz Jul. Buchholz files the firm’s first patent for the invention of a lever circular saw.
- 1919 A new era for Steinstosser begins with the production start of machine knives and saw blades.
- 1909 Steinstosser is filed as a trademark and the name of the firm changes to Fritz Jul. Buchholz.
- 1904 Fritz Jul. Buchholz takes a stake in the firm Klapp and Schuhmacher. A long and successful business story begins.