Sun Products Corporation
Sun Products is a company new in name but with a strong legacy of brands, products and leadership. We are focused on innovation, developing new brands as well as improve our current products. We plan to invest our resources in developing and promoting our brand and product lines and to invest in technology to enable us to grow Sun Products into the best private label and consumer brand company in North America.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Manufacturing, Other
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We make everyday lives better, delighting consumers and customers with quality laundry and household care products at an outstanding value.
People: Ultimate importance of our people and our commitment to them
Integrity: Doing the right thing. Acting with honesty, consistency and transparency to generate mutual trust
Passion for Success: The drive, focus and perseverance to achieve success
Humility: The essence of continuous improvement; understanding that there is always more to know and learn
Commitment: Doing what you say, always
Our Behaviors to Achieve Peak Performance
- Demonstrate Leadership, Take Initiative and Make A Difference
- Drive Excellence while Being Agile and Responsive
- Discuss, Decide and Commit
- Confront Reality
- Build Trust and Mutual Respect through Words and Actions
- Strengthen Effectiveness through Collaboration and Teamwork
Strong Brands Position Sun Products as Number Two Share in $10 Billion Fabric Care Category
Headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut, Sun Products is a leading North American provider of laundry detergent, fabric softeners and other household products, with annual sales of approximately $1.6 billion. Sun Products was formed in September 2008 from the combination of Unilever’s North American fabric care business and Huish Detergents, Inc., a leading manufacturer of retailer brand laundry and dish products. The Company’s portfolio of products are sold under well-known national brands that include all®, Snuggle®, Sun®, Sunlight®, Wisk®, Surf® and Cuddlesoft®. The Company also serves as a manufacturer and marketing partner to many of North America’s leading retailers, with a store brand portfolio of laundry and dish care products. Though a relatively new company, Sun Products enjoys a strong legacy and a history rich in innovation.
Sun Products’ all®, Snuggle®, Sunlight®, Wisk® and Surf® brands were acquired from Unilever when it divested its North American laundry detergents unit in 2008. Each of these brands has made its own mark on the history of laundry. all® introduced the first nationally distributed condensed laundry detergent, all® small & mighty®, reducing plastic usage by over 55%. all® small & mighty® is now more concentrated than ever, having increased the formula’s concentration in 2014 to offer 30% more loads for the same price. Wisk’s breakthrough innovations include both the first liquid laundry detergent and the first high-efficiency laundry detergent.
Huish Detergents was founded in 1975 by Dan Huish and he quickly grew his business from small grocery stores and private businesses to developing strong relationships with major retailers. Huish Detergents became the largest manufacturer of retailer-branded dish soaps, laundry detergents and fabric softeners in North America. In addition to its vast line of retailer brands, Huish also introduced national laundry brands Sun® and Cuddlesoft®, and dish detergent Sun®. All of these brands remain part of the Sun Products family of products today.
Responsibility is at the Core of Sun Products’ Operations
Sun Products promotes “doing well by doing good.” Understanding our impact on society and the environment and responding accordingly is fundamental to our business. High personal integrity is crucial, and we expect every associate to be honest and ethical in his/her collaboration with vendors, customers, and fellow associates. We balance a shared commitment to provide innovative, effective products for consumers with environmental responsibility.
Sun Products Continually Seeks to Lower the Environmental Impact of Its Manufacturing, Transportation, Products and Packaging
- Sun Products’ fabric care brands were among the first in the industry to use recycled content both in plastic and paperboard packaging at levels of 25% or more
- Sun Products was one of the first detergent manufacturers to harness plant-based surfactants, replacing non-biodegradable petro-chemicals in certain detergent formulas
- all® ‘small & mighty®’ was the first brand to market highly concentrated detergent with national distribution, earning it a sustainability award from Sam’s Club in 2008
- Since launch, all® small & mighty’s concentrated formula has reduced plastic usage by over 55% and corrugate usage by over 45%, plus over 41 million fewer gallons of water have been shipped vs. standard liquid detergent.
- In 2014, the concentration of all® small & mighty’s formula was increased, offering consumers 30% more loads per bottle at the same great price.
- The launch of all® Mighty Pacs single dose laundry detergent in 2012, which has 88% less water and 80% less plastic than standard liquid detergent, allowed us to save fuel and emissions by shipping 200,000 more wash loads per truck (1/3 increase over standard liquid detergent). Today, all® mighty pacs® are also available in all® free clear and OXI formulas. Wisk® and Sun® laundry detergents and Sun® and Sunlight® dishwashing detergents also come in single dose pacs.
- Wisk was the first brand to provide High Efficiency (HE) detergent in the U.S.
- Sun Products’ vertically-integrated manufacturing operations reduce the carbon footprint associated with packaging transportation
- Sun Products operates from a LEED-certified corporate headquarters in Wilton, CT, with LEED- and BOMA-certified facilities in Bentonville, AR, Bowling Green, KY and Toronto, Canada.
- Sunlight Green Clean®, a super-concentrated biodegradable formula that works in cold water, was voted by Canadian consumers the ‘Best New Laundry Detergent of 2010’
- Sun Products received IBAC Management’s “Mission Green” award for Reusing & Recycling in 2010 and 2011 in acknowledgement of the Company’s super sack reclamation program
Sun Products Makes A Difference Where Associates Work and Live
Sun Products fosters a culture that encourages associates to share their knowledge and time to help those in need in their local communities. The Company provides financial sponsorship and arranges volunteer opportunities throughout our locations for a wide variety of local and national charities. In addition to Company-sponsored activities, associates are encouraged to apply for financial grants for the charities of their choice through programs such as “Dollars for Doers” and “Matching Gifts.”
Research, Development and Technological Advancements Provide Vision for the Future
Sun Products demonstrates its commitment to innovation with its North American Technology Center located in Trumbull, CT, which opened in 2010. The significant investment underscores the importance of technology and innovation to drive business growth. In addition to laboratories and package design facilities, the site provides space to interact with consumers including laundry facilities and ideation rooms, which steers product design. This facility complements an existing Research, Development & Engineering Center in Salt Lake City.
At Sun Products, we create quality products at an outstanding value, and set high goals and expectations for our Company and our associates. We are proud to share this sampling of recent honors that demonstrate our commitment to excellence in all we do, and illustrate why Sun Products is a great place to work!
- Named Walmart In-stock Supplier of the Year in cleaning category in 2015 and 2016
- Recognized as Sam’s Club Supplier of the Quarter (Q1 2015) and Vendor of the Year (2015) in the household cleaning category
- Earned BJ’s 2014 Owned Brand Vendor of the Year Award
- Named Target’s 2014 Supply Chain Vendor of the Year
- Earned Target’s “Outstanding Partner Award” in 2012
- The Hub Magazine recognized Sun Products’ Shopper Marketing team as one of the Top 10 U.S. teams in 2012
- Named as Walmart “Supplier of the Year” for the household chemicals category in 2008
- all free clear is the #1 recommended brand by dermatologists, pediatricians, and allergists for sensitive skin
- all mighty pacs Oxi was named a 2016 Top 50 Cleaning Product by Family Circle magazine
- all Powercore pouches received a Flexo Trade Association (FTA) Bronze Award for print packaging in 2016
- ‘all’s “Kicks Grass” ad received the 2015 Communicator Award of Distinction (print category)
- all free clear fabric softener sheets were named Best New Product by Better Homes & Gardens magazine in 2015
- Wisk Deep Clean liquid detergent and all free clear mighty pacs won All You magazine’s Cleaning All Star award in 2014
- Snuggle Exhilarations, all mighty pacs and all fresh & sensitive liquid detergent named Best New Products by Better Homes & Gardens magazine in 2014
- Sunlight Lemon Oxi Complex Single Dose Power Pacs named “Product of the Year” in the dishwashing pacs category in 2014
- Surf Aloha Splash named Best Smelling Laundry Detergent in About.com’s Readers’ Choice Award in 2013
- all mighty pacs named “Product of the Year” in the laundry packs category in 2013
- Surf Liquid named “Product of the Year” in the liquid laundry category in 2013
- Snuggle Canada’s “Get Snuggled” campaign won Gold in the Best Out of Home category at the Media Innovation Awards, Bronze for Best Out of Home Non-Standard Format campaign at the Marketing Awards and Silver for Best International Out of Home campaign at the OBIE Awards
- Wisk Deep Clean named “Product of the Year” in the laundry category in 2012
- Sunlight Green Clean named “Best New Laundry Detergent” in 2010 by Canadian Living
- Snuggle Scent Boosters was the first single dose scent enhancer from a national brand, launched in 2014
- all introduced the first free clear variant, earning the #1 Dermatologist Recommended claim in 1990. all free clear continues to be the #1 recommended detergent brand by dermatologists, allergists and pediatricians for patients with common skin conditions like atopic dermatitis and/or skin allergies. With the introduction of all free clear fabric softener and dryer sheets in 2014, all free clear now offers a complete sensitive skin laundry regimen.
- all small & mighty was the first brand to market highly concentrated detergent with national distribution in 2005. In 2014, the all small & mighty formula’s concentration was increased even more, offering 30 percent more loads per bottle for the same great price.
- all liquid laundry detergent and Wisk PowerBlasts chosen in Progressive Grocer’s Nonfoods Editor’s Pick Award for innovation in 2013
- Consumer Goods Technology recognized Sun Products with a 2011 Outstanding Achievement Award (SMB category) for best use of technology to achieve substantial growth
- Wisk was the first U.S. brand to launch high-efficiency (HE) laundry detergent nationally in 1996
- Wisk was the first brand to introduce liquid detergent, debuting in 1956
Health & Safety
- Sun Products received the Cigna Well-Being Award for actively impacting the overall health and well-being of their employee population in 2013
- Bowling Green manufacturing associates were given the Governor’s Safety and Health Award for achieving over 5 million hours without a lost-time injury
- The FM Global HPR Award for Safety was awarded to the Bowling Green site in 2012
- Sun Products’ truck fleet received safety awards from both the Utah Trucking Association and the Great Western Casualty Company in 2010
Focus on Sustainability
- Awarded certificate of recognition for recycling over two million pounds of polypropylene through IBAC’s Mission Green program
- Named 2015 Safer Choice Partner of the Year by the EPA in the Safer Formulator-Manufacturer category for outstanding achievement in the design, manufacture, promotion, and use of Safer Choice products
- Sun Products was one of the first manufacturers to harness plant-based surfactants, replacing petrochemicals in detergent formulas
- Sun Products’ Bowling Green Distribution Center was awarded LEED certification in 2013
- Sun Products earned the IBAC “Mission Green” Award for Reusing & Recycling in 2010 & 2011
- Sun Products’ corporate office in Wilton, Connecticut earned LEED Certification in 2009, as did the sales office in Bentonville, AR in 2010
- Sun Products’ Canadian office earned BOMA Go Green certification in 2008