The Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization (SNO) is a non-profit, worldwide professional society comprised of individuals and institutions that are engaged in: Research and development of sustainable nanotechnology Implications of nanotechnology for Environment, Health, and Safety Advances in nanoscience, methods, protocols and metrology Education and understanding of sustainable nanotechnology Applications of nanotechnology for sustainability SNO`s purpose is to provide a professional society forum to advance knowledge in all aspects of sustainable nanotechnology, including both applications and implications.
SNO's mission includes the following:
- Support the development of sustainable nanotechnology for the improvement of society, the environment and human health.
- Promote the advancement and application of scientific research related to nanotechnology, implementation of sustainable nanotechnology for environment, health, and safety, and the use of nanotechnology in policy and decision-making.
- Provide a forum where scientists, engineers, and other professionals exchange information and ideas for the development and use of nanotechnology leading to overall sustainability.
SNO's fields of study
Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization embraces related fields of study such as:
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- Biological Sciences
- Product life cycle assessment
- Nanomanufacturing/nanotechnology products
- Social Science