The Swedish Energy Agency works for the use of renewable energy, improved technologies, a smarter end-use of energy, and mitigation of climate change.
The Swedish Energy Agency is a government agency for national energy policy issues. The Agency’s headquarters are in Eskilstuna and we are around 350 employees.
Our mission is to promote the development of Sweden’s energy system so that it will become ecologically and economically
sustainable. This means that energy must be available at competitive prices and that energy generation must make the least
possible impact on people and the environment.
In simple words, a smarter use of energy.
- The Agency works to ensure that energy matters are automatically taken into account in relevant social sectors.
- The Agency supports the achievement of the national climate targets.
- The Agency promotes an energy system that is economical on resources and energy efficient, and that uses an increasing proportion of renewable energy sources.
- The Agency works to ensure that there is a safe and reliable energy supply.
- The Agency works for efficient energy markets in which customers have a strong position.
- The Agency is a modern and efficient public authority in all respects.
- The Agency is an attractive employer whose employees are given good development opportunities in a sound working environment.