Teledyne CETAC Technologies
Teledyne CETAC products and services are used in every industry where rapid and accurate determination of elemental trace levels are required. Major industrial segments benefiting from our product-based solutions include semiconductor manufacturing, environmental analysis, and petrochemical manufacturing. A worldwide leader in sample introduction and sample handling equipment for elemental analysis. Teledyne CETAC Technologies provides a comprehensive range of product based solutions for the analysis of elements in samples ranging from drinking water and high purity acids to radioactive waste. Our spectroscopy and automation groups develop, manufacture and market a family of products and services for customers around the world, for use in every industry where rapid and accurate determination of trace element concentrations is required.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- Teledyne CETAC - Model U5000AT+ - Ultrasonic Nebulizer for ICP-AES/ICP-MS
- Teledyne CETAC - Model Fusions CO2 - Stepped Heating System
- Teledyne CETAC - Model DS-5 - Microflow Concentric Nebulizer
- Teledyne CETAC - Model HGX-200 - Hydride Generation and Cold Vapor System
- Teledyne CETAC - Model Fusions Diode - Stepped Heating System
Our advanced products and services include:
- Automated Sample Handling Systems for increasing productivity in the analytical laboratory
- Laser Ablation Introduction Systems for the analysis of solids without sampledissolution
- Nebulizers and Liquid Sample Introduction Systems for enhancement of sensitivity or the introduction of small volume samples
- Sample Preparation Devices and Supplies for the general enhancement of qualitative and quantitative analytical determination in the laboratory
Cetac Technologies Inc. was founded in 1985 in Ames, Iowa.
The original company logo is given at right. Note the distinctive overlay of Bessel functions in the logo.
Cetac had offices in Ames, Iowa and Omaha, Nebraska from 1989-1991
1989 - Introduction of the Liquid Sample Introduction Products (U-5000 Ultrasonic Nebulizer) *designed by John Sutton
In 1991, CETAC moved their office to 5600 S. 42nd Street in Omaha Nebraska.
1993 - Introduction of ASX-500 Autosampler
1995 - Introduction of U5000AT+ Ultrasonic Nebulizer and the ASX-100 Micro-Autosampler.
1997 - Introduction of the ADX-500 Auto-Dilution System
1998 - The second generation autosamper was introduced, the ASX-510 Autosampler. The SDS-550 Sample Dilution System was also introduced this year.
CETAC Technologies was sold in 2000 to SD Acquisition Inc., a company owned by Mr. Stephan “Steve” F. Dwyer. Mr. Dwyer was an early CETAC investor, and the company (dba CETAC Technologies) remained in Omaha, NE
2010 - The ASXpress Rapid Sample Introduction System was released
CETAC Technologies was sold in 2013 to Teledyne. Company operations continue in Omaha, NE as Teledyne CETAC Technologies.
In 2014, after 4 years of a development and co-branding partnership with Photon Machines, they became part of the family.
John Sutton played an instrumental role in product designer for CETAC. Some of the noteworthy products John developed are:
- USN Commercialization
- Innovative autosampler design (tube in tube) for sample uptake, mechanical movement and overall system ruggedness. Basis of current ASX-500 series, known as the industry standard.
- Direct Injection Nebulizer. First commercial system for total sample consumption.
- Novel design for micro autosampler ASX-100 with moving circular tray and stationary sample probe. Key to geology and semiconductor market entrance.