Teledyne RD Instruments, Inc., located in San Diego, CA, specializes in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic Doppler products for a wide array of current profiling and precision navigation applications. As Teledyne RDI has grown, so has their customers’ need for global service and support. Recognizing this need, Teledyne RDI has taken several steps to provide the highest level of worldwide service and support.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
As a global leader in acoustic Doppler innovations used for current profiling and precision navigation, Teledyne RD Instruments was founded in 1982 and revolutionized the industry through the development of the first acoustic Doppler current profiler (ADCP). A part of the Teledyne Marine group, Teledyne RD Instruments continues to be an innovative force in the industry by designing, improving and manufacturing groundbreaking solutions used for current profiling, wave measurement, and precision navigation. With a staff of more than 170 scientists, engineers, technicians, and sales and support personnel, the company's San Diego-based global headquarters is an 80,000 square-foot ISO-9001:2008 facility that includes state-of-the art engineering, laboratory, manufacturing, and test areas.
Teledyne RDI's game-changing technology has allowed tens of thousands of scientists, engineers, and researchers to explore and understand our world's oceans, rivers and streams in a way that was previously thought impossible. Our technology continues to evolve and impact the world in a positive way. At the core of this journey are our remarkable employees. Their dedication, inspiration, talent, and creativity are truly changing the world for the better.
Acoustic Doppler current profiling, wave measurement, and conductivity, temperature and depth (CTD) products for coastal and deep water oceanographic environments.
Precision navigation products for the marine environment.
Discharge and flow-measurement products for inland environments.
- As Teledyne RDI has grown, so has their customers' need for global service and support. Recognizing this need, Teledyne RDI has taken several steps to provide the highest level of worldwide service and support:
- Teledyne RDI owns and operates a European office located in La Gaude, France. This office has been established to support our European representatives, perform product training and demonstrations, and support those regions without local representation.
- Teledyne RDI has also established a product development office in Shanghai, China. This office is dedicated to expanding Teledyne RDI's product capabilities through new product enhancements and diversification.
- Teledyne RDI has recruited the very best industry representatives from around the globe to provide local sales and service for Teledyne RDI's products
Teledyne RDI offers 24-hour customer service and support.
At Teledyne RD Instruments, we aspire to maintain leadership in our marketplace, enlisting customers as partners to work together in enduring relationships built on mutual trust and mutual benefit. From this foundation, we will continually evolve our products and services to meet our customers' needs.