TERA Environmental Consultants
TERA Environmental Consultants is a mid-sized, environmental consulting firm incorporated in Alberta in 1983 that provides environmental consulting services for the energy sector. Since its creation, the company`s experience and range of services has expanded throughout North America, to address the diverse and ever changing array of projects, environments, socio-cultural and regulatory settings. The company has a reputation for providing quality work, on time and on budget and we provide an expert, balanced perspective, sharply focused on your needs. TERA maintains numerous contacts within the industry, government, academic institutions, and nongovernment organizations. In addition to our diverse in-house expertise, we also manage large interdisciplinary teams of subconsultants when required.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
TERA Environmental Consultants (TERA) is a mid-sized environmental consulting firm founded in Alberta in 1983. Our success is hinged on our over 330 environmental professionals and technical support staff based in Calgary, Hanna and Medicine Hat, Alberta and Victoria, British Columbia. We also have other staff located in various locations throughout Canada. We take pride in our high quality staff. TERA received the ECO Canada 2009 finalist award for environmental employer of the year.
Our team is largely comprised of professional environmental planners who provide technical expertise in a variety of natural resource management areas. This core group is complemented by TERA's specialized disciplines which include: Aquatics; Wetlands; Vegetation; Wildlife; Remediation, Reclamation and Restoration Planning; Archaeology; Traditional Ecological Knowledge; and Traditional Land Use. We also enjoy the advantage of large in-house Geographical Information Systems, Information Technology and Word Processing departments, who use cutting edge technology to produce professional reports and graphics.
At TERA, we specialize in linear projects and have completed more than 8,600 pipeline projects in western Canada. Our proven track record of providing practical and effective environmental management services in the industry has qualified us as the industry's consultant of choice. Although most of our work is performed for the energy sector, many of the services we provide are transferable among several industries.
TERA's vision is to:
- be the environmental consultant of choice to the Canadian pipeline, powerline and oil and gas industries
- have a culture of teamwork and mentoring that provides a safe, rewarding workplace where people can develop and enjoy their professional careers
- be leaders in our profession... and our communities
We proudly enjoy our lives in a performance-based workplace with excellent prospects
Safety: a priority in everything we do
Trust: reliable, respected, practical and of the highest integrity
Responsiveness: accessible and communicative
Innovation: current, interesting and challenging work
Teamwork: respectful, passionate, diverse, friendly, fun, flexible and fair
Relationships: strong, committed, nurturing, lasting and long term
Quality: on time, on budget, accurate and good value
Leadership: professional, community and business
At TERA, safety is a value that is applied to all our activities. Every day, our goal is to ensure that all TERA employees and contractors fulfill their health, safety and environmental responsibilities and share in the benefits of a safe work environment. We are committed to maintaining our excellent standards of health and safety by;
- managing risks through proper job planning
- hazard identification and near miss reporting, thereby preventing injuries
- communicating HSE lessons learned on regular basis
- mentoring young and new employees and aligning them with Tera HSE expectations
- ensuring that all activities are carried out in an environmentally responsible manner
- providing appropriate levels of training and qualifications for all supervisors, employees and subcontractors
- ensuring all staff and subcontractors comply with appropriate health and safety legislation, client programs and industry standards
- respecting the rights of all workers to refuse work if they believe that there exists an imminent danger to the health or safety of themselves or any other worker