Terra Systems, Inc. (TSI)
Terra Systems, Inc. is an environmental biotechnology company offering In-Situ Bioremediation Products. The company was founded in 1992 and held the 1st United States Patent for the use of emulsified vegetable oil substrate, lactate, and nutrients for the in-situ bioremediation of chlorinated solvents in groundwater (US Patent 6,398,960). Since then, using our core competencies in research and development, in-house manufacturing, and unsurpassed pre and post-sales technical support, we have expanded our family of bioremediation products to offer our clients state of the art site remediation products. These products can be utilized as standalone solutions or in a technology treatment train approach for today’s challenging aquifer conditions.
Our products and services include:
- Patented Emulsified Vegetable Oil (EVO) substrates, lactate quick-release substrates, and mixed SRS® EVO/Zero Valent Iron substrates support extended anaerobic biodegradation of chlorinated solvents like PCE, TCE, TeCA, and TCA and oxidized metals such as hexavalent chromium and uranium.
- Aerobic Bioremediation Products/Solutions for sites contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons (BTEX, PAHs, TPH), fuel oxygenates, and related compounds (MTBE, TBA) include calcium peroxide and the Microbubbler Oxygen System.
- Chemical Oxidation Products/Solutions
- Treatability Laboratory Services for In Situ Chemical Oxidation Studies, In-Situ Anaerobic Bioremediation Studies of Chlorinated Solvents, Reducible Metals like Hexavalent Chromium, and Nitrate, In-Situ Aerobic Bioremediation Studies of Petroleum, MTBE, 1,4-Dioxane, and Other Organics, Petroleum Hydrocarbon Utilizer Counts and Heterotrophic Plate Counts.
- Dehalococcoides, Dehalobacter, and Rhodococcus ruber Bioaugmentation Cultures for the complete dechlorination of chlorinated solvents like PCE, TCE, and TCA under anaerobic conditions and 1,4 Dioxane under aerobic conditions.
- Site Data Analysis and Evaluation Consulting/Recommendations using site data and Models to estimate the carbons substrate demand for In-Situ Anaerobic Bioremediation sites and the oxygen demand for In-Situ Aerobic Bioremediation.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Site Visualization is a great tool for visualizing, analyzing, and interpreting site data to better understand relationships, patterns, and trends for a site remediation system.
Terra Systems Inc. is the only In-Situ Bioremediation Products Company that manufactures its own products. Our manufacturing facility is in Claymont Delaware.
Terra Systems scientists pioneered enhanced in-situ bioremediation technology starting with aerobic bioremediation in the 1970’s when Richard Raymond, Sr. received the first patent for in-situ bioremediation of petroleum hydrocarbon at the Sun Oil Company Ambler, PA spill site.
- We develop cutting edge biological based solutions to solve complex remediation problems backed by a strong Research & Development program and our state-of-the-art manufacturing plant.
- We develop, produce and distribute value-added bioremediation products that are well beyond the capabilities of the toll producers used by other suppliers. We offer:
- long lasting emulsified vegetable oil products (SRS® Family),
- emulsified vegetable oil products combined with zero valent iron (SRS®Zvi and EZVI Family)
- quick release lactate products (QRS™ Family)
- TSI-DC® Bioaugmentation Cultures
- We also offer the latest
- Aerobic bioremediation oxygen and nutrient packages
- Chemical Oxidation Products